1. EdieEmm's rating of the film Little Light

Tender - which is the quality with which these metaphysical questions within us should be handled. We're impatient, these days, with that stuff. It was hard not to think of the kids whose similar explorations get pathologized, maybe medicated... Plenty to appreciate here in Gomis' gentle lyricism.

2. Étrange's rating of the film Little Light

From a small matter, philosophical questions via the innocence of a girl on the verge of growing up to the scarce reality of Senegal. Gomis expresses such things using the smart split between what vision and hearing tell the girl, in what had the potential to say so much about the reality surrounding her. Just look at the mountain of trash! The movie verges for an internal struggle, beautiful but less accomplished.

3. Rahul Ray's rating of the film Little Light

A gem of a short film...short and sweet. I was reminded of how as a kid, I used to play with switches :)

4. ujjwal's rating of the film Little Light

The character is so beautiful... in her own world, the princess... and Alain Gomis has done such justice to that child fantasy world... the shot in the end with the bulb and sun... wow... briliance.

5. Abhi's rating of the film Little Light

Great premise, poor executing. Makes for a boring short!

6. DrFirestone's rating of the film Little Light

Subtly poetical - the images, sound, words all come together to create an experience that touches the very sense of reality. It's so striking that questions we ask as children are the core questions about the nature of existence, and we may never find answers - but how could there be a definite answer to a subjective reality? Anyway, this is top cinema, well worth spending the 15 minutes is asks for.

7. João Miguel Queiroz's rating of the film Little Light

Alain Gomis did, above all, a short film full of sensitive passages. There are tons of images and poetic questions about life and childhood. It gives to the viewer a bath of lyricism. Unmissable!

8. n0rthlighted's rating of the film Little Light

9. Rui's rating of the film Little Light

A curious and bright little girl exploring her world. Wonderful.

10. Çağsun Acemoğlu's rating of the film Little Light

Beautiful short. Gives the chance to change your perception of the world for 15minutes

11. Tiba Hobus's rating of the film Little Light

12. yaxpac's rating of the film Little Light

Nosotros hacemos lo que queremos en nuestro mundo.

13. diana's rating of the film Little Light

Very interesting concept the perceptions of a child. Senegal looks beautiful! Thank you Mr Gomis!

14. FISCHER's rating of the film Little Light

Tout simplement magnifique ! www.cinefiches.com

15. Sebastian's rating of the film Little Light

16. José Neves's rating of the film Little Light

PC. Using the material of a film according to the senses of a character - seeing / not seeing, listening / changing listening directions, contextualizing / imagining - is the most appealing aspect of this film. Djibril Diop Mambéty's "La Petite Vendeuse de Soleil" sincere and fair heir

17. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Little Light

What if one day you came to the sudden realization that you were the sole matriarch of your own reality and "the world was your oyster", what would you do? Would you take complete control and chase your ambitions with full force and confidence until all of your wildest dreams would become nothing but conquered mountains in you rear view mirror, or would you simply stop for a second and just smell the flowers?

18. nica's rating of the film Little Light

An energetic short film that perfectly captures the curiosities, wonders, imagination and spirit of a child.

19. guillermo's rating of the film Little Light

Refreshing poetic film. You can see the world like a child for 15 minutes. Great acting work of a young girl. It brings peace in a chaotic world, ¿may that be a good definition of a happy childhood?

20. dionysus67's rating of the film Little Light

Committed in its humanist message but ultimately unrewarding...

21. easypz's rating of the film Little Light

I adore this film. An endearing character played by a talented young actress, well-supported by the director. In MUBI interview, Gomis says he's inspired by ppl like Apichatpong Weerasethakul. I can see this, esp in his evocative sound design, key to our immersing in her experience. I so appreciate the relatively rare directors who think about sound & integrate it as a vital story element. Bravo.

22. between7skies's rating of the film Little Light

Miracle of a short film. It explores fundamental question of being and perception in the most poetic way and through the unadulterated spirit of a child.