1. Aardsy's rating of the film Little Lord Fauntleroy

Fancy movie boys are the best boys.

2. msmichel's rating of the film Little Lord Fauntleroy

Splendid adaptation of the Burnett novel from the Selznick production house. Freddie Bartholomew and C. Aubrey Smith both shine here as the young American boy who finds out he is heir to being an earl back in England and the grandfather who discovers his own humanity again along the way. Production values are good and casting sufficient with just the right amount of sentiment throughout.

3. m00njaguar's rating of the film Little Lord Fauntleroy

When I was 8 years old, I chatted with a kind elderly man in a store who suggested that I read "Little Lord Fauntleroy". I never did read it, but I was always curious about the story. I was happy to see it here on MUBI. The boy who acted in the lead role projected an aura of childish sweetness necessary for this film to work. This is a children's story and as such, it is well-crafted, a gentle tale & a joy to watch.

4. Viacheslav's rating of the film Little Lord Fauntleroy

What a charming film! What characters! I loved the soft irony and the fact that it doesn't claim to be anything more than it is: essentially, a Cinderella story.

5. captainfez's rating of the film Little Lord Fauntleroy

Monocle drops and a fightin' Dick. What more do you need?

6. Erdinc Sivritepe's rating of the film Little Lord Fauntleroy

Good acting, simple not tiring script

7. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Little Lord Fauntleroy

Completely enchanting take on the novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett about a young English lad living in Brooklyn who suddenly finds himself the heir of his grandfather's estate back in England. But when his legitimacy is questioned by a potential huckster, his friends from the streets of Brooklyn ride to his rescue. Charming performances by Freddie Bartholomew & Mickey Rooney make this Selznick production a delight.