1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

2. Sin título.'s rating of the film Little Red Flowers

Un niño y su proceso adaptativo al régimen y la cultura oficial a través de una programación conductual básica donde la automatización y la estandarización es el fin último. Es simpática la forma en la que retrata las primeras experiencias con el orden y la sensación de logro además de afirmar que sólo mediante ellas los individuos se vuelven funcionales para el aparato ideológico del Estado.

3. Thomas's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

Perceptive drama from a child's perspective. It felt a bit too long but displayed well the anxieties, terrors and frustrations of childhood.

4. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

One can argue over how directly symbolic the narrative is meant to be and this is one of the film's strengths: the basic story is itself sufficiently dramatic. Charming performances from a host of very young children (a directorial triumph in that respect), effective cinematography especially in the playground depictions of sub-grouping and the boy's social isolation, but an unnecessarily lush musical score.

5. Ania Stochaj's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

it is a film worth watching, but only once, probably I'll remember it for long time but it wasn't outstanding

6. DrFirestone's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

Interesting setting and excellent acting. I enjoyed watching the movie, however I don't appreciate the idea of using cute, sweet children in a film like this one, clearly having political undertones. Basically, it's a film about how evil communism prevents you from being an individualist. Do the Western "correct", and lacking any form of discipline education systems create better people?

7. raggiodisole's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

sweet in places, purposeless in others. small kid behaviour deteriorates to the point of complete isolation and we don't see allegory?

8. keithinhull@gmail.com's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

Perhaps just a little too long but some great performances

9. Squashua's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

A rickety doll's house that is, in some parts, a kindergarten The 400 Blows. Qiang, our lead, spends the film 50/50 between blubbing his eyes out and rebelling against authority figures who are neither very cruel or that maligned in their positions. The Tchaikovsky-esque symphonies swell around bleak yet claustrophobic expanses but this really never goes beyond the 'Misunderstood New Kid' trope set in period clothes.

10. Amyx's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

sweet, simple and enjoyable.

11. Luke Andrews's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

A bold and heart-wrenching metaphor that's not only applicable to Chinese society, but nations all over the world. Little Red Flowers is an example of how powerful Asian cinema can be when its filmmakers avoid the slow-mo sword scenes and grow the F up.

12. Superfrog's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

Graphically stunning, good dialogues. Showing pretty normal kid and adult dynamics with no more cruelty than would be expected in a similar setting in wester societies ( if there is such a thing ). Not sure that the political point massively stands in this regard except for the setting, but we are not told whether if is a mandatory thing or not.

13. SiIencio's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

Demagogic. I cannot find any difference between the educational system condemned in the film and those operating in the West. Manipulative when using cute little bunnies to portray political dissident views. Naive concept of what individuality means and how it should be balanced in society. Intellectually chaotic, superficial & hollow critique of a Chinese political regime. Not tricked by this one.

14. Marianna Madriz's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

Lots of tender moments and magical soundtrack. A recommended watch - even though I am giving it three starts because the ending was pretty unsatisfying.

15. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

Many memorable moments. So that's how you manage so many little ones in one place. Interesting - washing, toileting, nifty clothing for the boys. Not a good place for a non-conformist though, poor little boy.

16. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

"I'm out of line, report me to the teacher!" MAGICAL soundtrack. Very real portrayal of the isolation in being an individual. Awesome commentary on the repression of Communist China. Beautifully shot and a delight to watch.

17. Gaylene's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

Adorable and chilling in equal amounts....how the filmmakers pulled off making a naturalistic film with an almost exclusive cast of thirty-six four year old's I'll never know...a lesson in subtlety....

18. ana kinukawa's rating of the film Little Red Flowers

a movie that shows one of china's most difficult historic periods through the naive eyes of a kid (one of the cutest I've ever seen by the way).