1. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Littlerock

2. Richard Tines's rating of the film Littlerock

(weaning myself off of a too heavy saturated Hollywood diet)...only a (pretty, pretty good) indie movie like this could get away with portraying so intimately the palpable pain of disconnection (even the moments of connection crackle uncomfortably)...the decision to leave much of the foreign (to me) speech untranslated was an inspired choice...afterthought....i'm definitely the Cory in this story....

3. mpho3's rating of the film Littlerock

Atsuko, also the film's co-writer, delivers a wonderful, mostly nonverbal performance. Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai briefly flashed into my consciousness, but mostly I was reminded that the heart is a lonely hunter. There's a constant push and pull between reality as experienced and reality and desired.

4. cloberg's rating of the film Littlerock

"Drink this, drink that"; a Japanese woman being overtly exoticized by white men and not seeming to notice or have any feelings about it; the audience having to bear the idea that Atsuko finds Little Rock pleasant when the main white character overtly talks down on black people and a Mexican employee, but she goes to Manzanar after all. staggering... It had potential for something interesting...

5. Ralph Melcher's rating of the film Littlerock

A portrait of loneliness, American style

6. David R Williams's rating of the film Littlerock

A film about strangers in a strange land. Even those who live there. Atsuko mesmerizes. Breaks no new ground but fascinating nevertheless.

7. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Littlerock

8. doctornoir's rating of the film Littlerock

I was born and raised in the Antelope Valley so the characters in this film hit home. My only problem is that this portrait of the AV's alienation feels rather mute and often annoying. (I guess that describes the AV but hey)

9. Lee Donowitz's rating of the film Littlerock

A good little movie! It is shot really well with some good characters and performances. It was a bit strange that the storyline involving Cory wasn't resolved, and quite miraculous that he escaped being beaten up but nevertheless a heartfelt and enjoyable meditation on identity and belonging.

10. De La Ghetto's rating of the film Littlerock

A powerful, moving film about the kinds of what if stories we tell about ourselves. Our pasts. Our futures. A movie about nostalgia for a life we never lived. And the brutality of the present, the life we cannot escape except by way of these dreams and fantasies of other lives and other futures in other places. Small, yeah, but kinda like a small finger pointed at something big. At least, that's how I read it.

11. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Littlerock

12. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Littlerock

Довелося завантажувати vpn, бо mubi показують трилогію Antelope Valley тільки користувачам з США і, здається, Канади. Я раніше думав, що тут для США, Франції та Німеччини просто існує локалізація, а виявилося, що для цих країн існують свої власні програми фільмів, які відрізняються від загальної програми відсотків так на 80. А фільм класний, випаде можливість - обов'язково подивіться.

13. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Littlerock

The movie is solid, and only suffers slightly from some of the bad actors. Reminds me of the good old days of independent cinema. Small movies with big ideas.

14. Alex's rating of the film Littlerock

A conventional piece, with very formal elements. 1: formal to the likes of anthropology; but this insight occurs through a viewer’s bias of the main characters and a guilt that occurs as if someone who you aren’t so close to has caught you doing something personal (something you are not quite proud of). 2: Formal in that it was plain, shots and events left mostly detached from external comparisons.

15. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Littlerock

This is one of the reasons why I love mubi. Mike Ott's Antelope Valley Trilogy is a true revelation and I would have never seen it anywhere else. The real story here is about the forced relocation of Japanese-American citizens in concentration camps during WWII, but Ott avoids the trap of didacticism (unlike Barry Atkins in Medicine for Melancholy, e.g. the visit at the Museum of the Diaspora). Powerful, yet sweet.

16. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Littlerock

It was a nice discovery. If your are a beginner student in Japanese you should absolutely give it a look.

17. David Perez's rating of the film Littlerock

No stars really. It is what a Rohmer film would be like if Rohmer were untalented.

18. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Littlerock

(Is there such a thing as Japanese mumblecore? Heh.) Slowly paced, this film tells the story of two young adults from Japan who are looking for their place in America. Hoping for San Francisco, they end up in Littlerock, CA. A story of communication, the lack of miscommunication and human relationships that fall in-between. Not overly engaging, but somewhat interesting, I found.

19. Joshua Paolino's rating of the film Littlerock

As a former Antelope Valley resident, this took me back to the desert that I knew so well from my teenage years. The story was simple, yet it drew me in with its "less is more" approach to storytelling.

20. Francisco Luna, Jr.'s rating of the film Littlerock

21. muse_x's rating of the film Littlerock

(All too Q)uiet little gem.

22. sedmacedo's rating of the film Littlerock

23. shantigirl7's rating of the film Littlerock

good film, poor visual quality.

24. zeroteque's rating of the film Littlerock

A fish-out-of-water story that I think resonates with all of us. Atsuko was great to watch, finding something she is lacking in those Rintaro seems to think are losers. The film certainly takes its time, though not without merit. Watching Atsuko bond with and take in these people really drew me in and reminds me of my time in Southwest China (though admittedly I could communicate more than she). Recommended.