1. Ralph Melcher's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

An indie tribute to Truffaut’s ‘Day For Night’ where everything goes insanely wrong and the filmmaking process is revealed as an almost impossibly complex sausage making nightmare. The excellent cast proves that in the end inspiration and happenstance triumph. Keener and Buscemi are delightful..

2. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

Oh the struggles of making a film- eerily realistic!

3. bingbongjones's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

i one day hope to dress as bob does, dirty and full of clothespins.

4. bryanvmh's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

One of those seemingly effortless movies that just glides along even though it bounces all over the place. "Yes! It's a stress dream!"

5. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

I laughed a lot. At times I had to pause it, it was too delicious. Enough meta- fun that it was a good chew toy for my brain that gets put to sleep by most Hollywood pap. Would be a fun double feature with Scorcese’s After Hours.

6. David R Williams's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

The truest depiction of low/no budget independent filmmaking ever made. The first scene is hysterical especially for those who have been there.

7. zubee's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

8. Rafal Poplawski's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

What a bunch of weird characters ! Steve Buscemi proves again that he can play,,, Catherine Keener proves that too.

9. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

Really funny and at the same time depicts with such accuracy the highly stressful and emotionally overwhelming experience that involves filmmaking.

10. ejonline's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

(Saw a while back) What I remember is the energy of the film and the performances. It was the first time I saw Catherine Keener, Steve Buscemi and Peter Dinklage. I'm wondering how well it has aged because I remember the characters being pretty broadly written. I think films making fun of people making art (even if you think its bad art) tend to punch down (a la Waiting for Guffman) or pat-themselves on the back.

11. Lydia.H's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

Tom Dicillo captures the real obstacles that a filmmaker faces on a day-to-day basis. In Living in Oblivion, viewers have the opportunity to see the struggles that have to be over come in the production industry in order to produce a film. It becomes prevalent that it is no all glitz and glamours like Hollywood tends to make people believe. But one thing that I will say is it has a very slow start.

12. SuzyViolence's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

The original reason we all fell hopelessly in love forever with Kevin Corrigan and Steve Buscemi. Thank you, 1995.

13. Adnan's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

14. dmerchan's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

For a time I was a set PA, then a grip, a set painter, an office PA, and on one short a key grip, and this film … nails it!! Oh my God, the details! My sides split, watching take after take ruined … and yes, I've met many boom operators who are just like that. All it needed was someone calling clothespins "C47s" and the verisimilitude would've been perfect. A can't-miss if you love the process as much as the product.

15. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

Funny and entertaining enough, but this was clearly made by movie people for movie people.

16. Alborz M's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

17. David Perez's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

Many unnecessary shots--impressive how poorly the dream sequence was written. Dreams don't have such a clear and linear narrative--very poorly executed. You'd think DiCillo never saw 8 1/2 or Midnight Cowboy. Try to make it through the first 10 minutes. Watch either Fellini option instead. Either Fellini trailer is better than this whole movie. For a much better film on 'making movies': And God Spoke.

18. jacobayers14's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

As a filmmaker, this would be my dream scenario

19. kBarnjak's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

It was a great film that I really just flat-out enjoyed.

20. Joseph McFarland's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

The behind the scenes look that this movie gives into the making of a low-budget film truly feels very genuine. Each of the three acts of the movie give glimpses into issues that anyone not in the business wouldn't know about. From the crew getting out of sync to actors who steal the scene, this film could have only been made by someone who has experienced it first-hand. Highly recommend.

21. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

Ever want to be cured of dreams of being a filmmaker. Look no further. Hilarious and cringe-inducing, this meta dive into independent filmmaking is fun as hell. DiCillo brings to life his nightmares with amusing clarity. Man, it's really good. Steve Buscemi is fantastic as is Catherine Keener. They do some really solid work in this crazy flick. Pretty cool to see both of these actors working against type a bit.

22. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

I love Dermot Mulroney's biceps and beret.

23. El Biffo's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

3.6 Just a cute little comedy for fans of indy film.

24. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Living in Oblivion

A dream within a dream within a dream! Far from Inception, this feels like all things 90s New York Indie-Filmmaking rolled into one, in the best possible way. Films are expotentially better with a single appearance by Catherine Keener/James LeGros/Peter Dinklage/Steve Buscemi, so this film is like the average film but to the power of... four?