1. FISCHER's rating of the film Local Hero

Nonchalant et sympathique ! www.cinefiches.com

2. Peregrine's rating of the film Local Hero

This was the first film I immediately started rewatching after it was finished. It is slow and comfortable at first, building and revealing but when it has drawn you in, any human with a wandering heart should feel captivated. Truly one of the best films I have ever seen.

3. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Local Hero

Had great moments, but needed more of them. There is such a thing as too slow and Forsyth likes to be overindulgent when it comes to pacing.

4. Maksym Rooban's rating of the film Local Hero

first half is tremendously funny but the second is weak

5. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Local Hero

A naive and simple programmatic tale. You see it all coming after 10 minutes : humanity vs money (or here, true-hearted-fisherman-that-can-look-at-the-stars vs lonely-sad-rich-guy-with-a-Porsche). Forsyth won't spare you a few cliches but in the end, "local hero" is modest and touching enough to make you book a flight to Scotland.

6. Muraki's rating of the film Local Hero

7. Stevie's rating of the film Local Hero

A touching comedy from Bill Forsyth. Those from the rural areas are and aren't as different as those from urban areas. And Burt Lancaster is awesome. Happer is a mother(well, you know).

8. msmichel's rating of the film Local Hero

Forsyth's take on the british "villiage comedy" is a quaint, fun little flim. Never gets lost in sentimentality or over-characterization. Does lack a little spark but enjoyable nonetheless. Does feel very much a product of its time period however. Riegert not bad, Lancaster well cast and Jenny Seagrove quite good as the hotelier's wife.

9. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Local Hero

I have never felt more serenely happy than I was after seeing this film. Whatever happened to Denis Lawson? He seems to be more famous for being Ewan McGregor's uncle than for this great performance.

10. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Local Hero

Reminded me of Whisky Galore! Great dark comedy.

11. Jamie Scott-Dyson's rating of the film Local Hero

One of my favorite films ever made. It doesn't feel the need to make amazing scenes, it just becomes amazing; and without you even realizing until the incredibly powerful and representational ending.5/5

12. David Correa's rating of the film Local Hero

13. Liam Grieves's rating of the film Local Hero

Wonderful, and, as Roscoe said, very moving and funny without getting sentimental. Full of little delights; to name two, the town trying to quietly leave the church in the background and the very ending. Beautiful.

14. Publius's rating of the film Local Hero

An outrageously brilliant movie. One of my favourites. Pure magic.

15. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film Local Hero

Brilliant comedy which never goes into whimsy and is full of great performances. Packed full of memorable scenes from Reigert sitting in a fog bound car with Peter Capaldi and going to the dance at the village hall and seeing the Northen Lights. Even though the film was made in the 80s it still feels fresh today a real Brit classic

16. Joseph Wallace's rating of the film Local Hero

I completely agree with Roscoe below me.

17. Roscoe's rating of the film Local Hero

A miracle. A genuinely funny and genuinely moving comedy. Breathtakingly beautiful without ever once crossing the line into sentimental preachiness.