1. Jeff Heinzl's rating of the film Lola

The odd romance that prioritizes the potential of old love over the magic of the new, 'Lola' lets its protagonist decide what she wants for herself, even if it seems impossible. The whole film, in fact, operates on the logic of impossible coincidence: Lola's old flame comes back from the South Pacific island that was the setting for a movie Roland enjoyed, for example; the mother's dream of spilled rice comes true.

2. jo's rating of the film Lola

3. ninchok's rating of the film Lola

I'm glad I've discovered Demy for myself.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Lola

Une oeuvre d'un intérêt constant ! www.cinefiches.com

5. luís debonoir's rating of the film Lola

6. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Lola

I'd say the most impressive thing about the movie is the manner by which it turns itself into a universal story through parallel; every single character represents a different stage in another character's life. Unfortunately, when you get to what it actually means, you realize it's just existentialism, carrying the same philosophical and narrative pitfalls that often accompany these stories.

7. Balthaz21's rating of the film Lola

8. Smaro Papaevangelou's rating of the film Lola

Demy seems to be able to reach depth in shallow waters. I really liked the ending, captures the essence of Lola's character in one moment

9. AdaRLD's rating of the film Lola

Delicious dialogues, great women characters, social concerns and unexpected scenario: Demy's first encapsulates everything we love so much about his films.

10. Lost in Disconnection's rating of the film Lola

Lola is about the great whirlwind we costant live in, those take-or-leave moments that drive our lives to opposite directions. Love happens or can be lost forever, no matter what our will is. Fast, essential directing and dynamism upon everything else, through these elements Demy offers a great example of superimposed lives, with elegance, sensuality and pragmatism. 4.5.

11. Quattro's rating of the film Lola

Graceful as dance can be. Its naivety is what makes this movie so lovely to watch; unfortunately, it's also what prevents it from being a memorable one.

12. Ramona Arsene's rating of the film Lola

Well, ain't it a small world.

13. EdieEmm's rating of the film Lola

Imagine a floating dock with a glass-bottomed wading pool: A tangible sense of depth; a view to an intricate tangle of life, clearly visible, that begs to be explored... But all you get when you're in it is a little bit of splash and maybe a damp hemline. Shallow, and a bit frustrating since it didn't have to be. Plus both Lola and Roland were irritating a.f. Meh. Maybe 'musical w/out the music' just isn't my genre.

14. Renton47's rating of the film Lola

A film for the dancers and the dreamers; fortunately for both they can do their thing without the rest of us interfering. Coasting along oblivious to the intersections of their fates with others, if only they could be a little more synchronised... My first Demy and I was captured by the humanity, the intricacies of character, and Coutard's stunning cinematography. A deceptively light charm.

15. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Lola

Good screen direction and structure format. Really like the slow motion as Cecile and Frankie were getting out of their go-carts.

16. Diderot's rating of the film Lola

I'd spend my entire life at the fair with Frankie.

17. imaqua@hotmail.com's rating of the film Lola

บางทีความรักก็ไม่ได้ยากขนาดนั้น แค่ต้องเดินทางต่อไป

18. bryanvmh's rating of the film Lola

Built like circular puzzle, with everything falling into place

19. starless's rating of the film Lola

20. SpacePirate's rating of the film Lola

One of Demy's best. A New Wave hallmark. Essential

21. JD Tastad's rating of the film Lola

symphony number 7, the greatest.

22. Rikard Westeman's rating of the film Lola

Bittersweet tale of love with a clever narrative. Beautiful black-and-white cinematography and overall an interesting prelude to Les Parapluies de Cherbourg.

23. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Lola

For such a "small" movie it does balance a lot and does a solid job of it. Definitely one of the more accomplished films of the early French New Wave, Demy is a master of treating childlike concepts with great sincerity. He's also a master at allowing you to ride along with a fantasy before sucker punching you with an all too realistic ending (here's looking at you too Cherbourg) and damn him for that ;).

24. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Lola

Un apasionante filme sobre amores pasajeros, primeros amores que perduran, mujeres abandonadas, hombres que regresan, personajes que se marchan. Demy realiza una película compuesta por románticos. Lola es una de ellas, y en su entorno un grupo de personajes se muestran. A pesar de que hay fracasos o frustraciones, los personajes reaccionan sin malicia alguna. Cualquier huella de tensión o pena se diluye con bondad.