1. Elena's rating of the film Lola

2. shane.morgan1's rating of the film Lola

What qualifies "Lola" as the most depressing film in the BRD Trilogy is not the cynicism of its conclusion, but its passive resignation. Here Fassbinder finally concedes the futility of utopian visions, and maybe sees something pragmatically redemptive in the Commodification of Everything. He is tender to his characters, and lavishly lights the dirty crevices of corruption. Profound in the finality of its ambiguity

3. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Lola

4. guillermo's rating of the film Lola

Stunning film. RWF´s Blue Angel. Thesis: the basics of being human become impossible under late-capitalism rules. Great acting, great editing, the colours, the music, beautiful cinematic language.

5. Ethan's rating of the film Lola

The use of color in this film is absolutely stunning. Fassbinder had a special way of making melodrama sexy and this film is by far one of Fassbinder's sexiest and most cynical films. A masterpiece.

6. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Lola

Fassbinders’ lightest, most colorful and thoroughly enjoyable film about the life of a cynical prostitute painted in neon colors. Despite portraying once again the manipulative and evil nature of humanity. Fassbinder makes his cynical world alluring with fun moral ambiguity.

7. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film Lola

8. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Lola

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Lola

Dans l'Allemagne de la fin des années 50 une petite ville de province, dominée par l'omniprésent spéculateur Schuckert, grand amateur de fêtes, avec sa protégée, la chanteuse Lola, voit son emprise vaciller, un certain temps, par l'arrivée d'un intègre fonctionnaire prussien, le rigide Von Bohm . Encore un Fassbinder bienvenu ! www.cinefiches.com

10. Vincent T's rating of the film Lola

11. ermete polpette's rating of the film Lola

12. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Lola

Lesser Fassbinder, and the weakest link in the BRD trilogy.

13. EdieEmm's rating of the film Lola

About as subtle as its colour palate... Fassbinder at his most accessible, if least nuanced and complex. Gorgeous, hilarious, scathing indictment of post-war Germany in particular (riffing cleverly on the old Dietrich German cinema classic Blue Angel), and the hypocrisy inherent to capitalism, in general. Not my favourite Fassbinder. But lots of fun.

14. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Lola

Great re-imagining of THE BLUE ANGEL in a post-war setting which allows for alot of observations on money and those it corrupts with a color pallette to rival SUSPIRIA.

15. Aardsy's rating of the film Lola

Another boring masterpiece.

16. rainerfloo's rating of the film Lola

When I die, this is where I will go. Meanwhile, I want this looped, playing on my wall.

17. Razna_'s rating of the film Lola

3.5 Gotta love Fassbinder's women.

18. thomasjeff16's rating of the film Lola

Corruption spreads like a leper.

19. femme qui dort's rating of the film Lola

20. kartina obskura's rating of the film Lola

the last sentence of bdr trilogy - "i'm happy"

21. Stevie's rating of the film Lola

Beautiful use of colour. Some of the neon colours are eye-popping. I love it when Fassbinder attacks capitalism-that's mainly why I really like The Niklashausen Journey.

22. Mellow Dude's rating of the film Lola

23. Blumes's rating of the film Lola

A neon dream that didn't wow me the way that Maria Braun did from all angles, but is a German New Wave and a Fassbinder gem all the same. The dissolves, along with the similar jump cuts, aid the film in having a bit of a fever dream quality to the rhythym of it all. The parts of the film, though striking and memorable, don't work to the strength of the film as a whole.

24. rowdyman's rating of the film Lola

Fassbinder's Lola is a wonderfully technicolor melodrama of a woman who knows what she wants and how to get it. Incredible colour & cinematography. It's not for everyone. You must enjoy German irony. See what I mean? Not for everyone. Though being able to share an inside Fassbinder joke with your spouse at a party makes you instantly more pretentious, intelligent & desirable. Like Lola herself.