1. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Lola

Fassbinders’ lightest, most colorful and thoroughly enjoyable film about the life of a cynical prostitute painted in neon colors. Despite portraying once again the manipulative and evil nature of humanity. Fassbinder makes his cynical world alluring with fun moral ambiguity.

2. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film Lola

3. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Lola

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Lola

Dans l'Allemagne de la fin des années 50 une petite ville de province, dominée par l'omniprésent spéculateur Schuckert, grand amateur de fêtes, avec sa protégée, la chanteuse Lola, voit son emprise vaciller, un certain temps, par l'arrivée d'un intègre fonctionnaire prussien, le rigide Von Bohm . Encore un Fassbinder bienvenu ! www.cinefiches.com

5. Vincent T's rating of the film Lola

6. ermete polpette's rating of the film Lola

7. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Lola

Lesser Fassbinder, and the weakest link in the BRD trilogy.

8. EdieEmm's rating of the film Lola

About as subtle as its colour palate... Fassbinder at his most accessible, if least nuanced and complex. Gorgeous, hilarious, scathing indictment of post-war Germany in particular (riffing cleverly on the old Dietrich German cinema classic Blue Angel), and the hypocrisy inherent to capitalism, in general. Not my favourite Fassbinder. But lots of fun.

9. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Lola

Great re-imagining of THE BLUE ANGEL in a post-war setting which allows for alot of observations on money and those it corrupts with a color pallette to rival SUSPIRIA.

10. Aardsy's rating of the film Lola

Another boring masterpiece.

11. rainerfloo's rating of the film Lola

When I die, this is where I will go. Meanwhile, I want this looped, playing on my wall.

12. Razna_'s rating of the film Lola

3.5 Gotta love Fassbinder's women.

13. thomasjeff16's rating of the film Lola

Corruption spreads like a leper.

14. femme qui dort's rating of the film Lola

15. kartina obskura's rating of the film Lola

the last sentence of bdr trilogy - "i'm happy"

16. Stevie's rating of the film Lola

Beautiful use of colour. Some of the neon colours are eye-popping. I love it when Fassbinder attacks capitalism-that's mainly why I really like The Niklashausen Journey.

17. Mellow Dude's rating of the film Lola

18. Blumes's rating of the film Lola

A neon dream that didn't wow me the way that Maria Braun did from all angles, but is a German New Wave and a Fassbinder gem all the same. The dissolves, along with the similar jump cuts, aid the film in having a bit of a fever dream quality to the rhythym of it all. The parts of the film, though striking and memorable, don't work to the strength of the film as a whole.

19. rowdyman's rating of the film Lola

Fassbinder's Lola is a wonderfully technicolor melodrama of a woman who knows what she wants and how to get it. Incredible colour & cinematography. It's not for everyone. You must enjoy German irony. See what I mean? Not for everyone. Though being able to share an inside Fassbinder joke with your spouse at a party makes you instantly more pretentious, intelligent & desirable. Like Lola herself.

20. jimmymarkum's rating of the film Lola

I could just imagine Fassbinder, after expressing his art in this one, with those perfect lighting and colourful cinematography, with that flair in editing and assembling all together, asking himself 'Are you happy (with the final result') ?'. I would proudly say 'Yes' to myself, but with that character that was the bavarian director, who knows?

21. DSPRKY's rating of the film Lola

With his BRD trilogy, Fassbinder aptly demonstrates the supremacy of his creative powers. The Sirkean world of the Bundesrepublik Deutschland is again infused with music, light and colour to marvellous effect. To say that Fassbinder was at his best in the 1980s would be a grave insult to his equally stellar 60s and 70s output; nonetheless, Lola is one to remember even amid the other gems in the Fassbinder canon.

22. tired sounds's rating of the film Lola

Barbara Sukowa singing the fishermen of capri is one of the best things I've ever seen!

23. Scottie Ferguson's rating of the film Lola

The masks of capitalism, where everybody is a whore. Beautiful cinematography.

24. Duarte Lima's rating of the film Lola

Exploration of the night with a colerful cinematography