1. captainfez's rating of the film Lolita

"That hurts atrociously, my dear fellow."

2. DebraM's rating of the film Lolita

I found this a visually beautiful film, and in many ways, superior to the Kubrick version (while looking at times like one of his later works). But for me, it misses the mark of the novel. Irons and Swain do well but it delved too deeply into the melodrama and was in the end too long. Worth watching if you're in the right mood.

3. Rex Freeman's rating of the film Lolita

Glossy garbage. Mubi's usual hyperbolic description is as reliable as their phone application.

4. Kat Parada's rating of the film Lolita

Contrastes y mucho arte ilógico. Tragicamente linda.

5. lou.'s rating of the film Lolita

I felt uncomfortable watching this. I adore Nabokov's novel (hell, yes, Jeremy Irons too), but here there's something too much loud to properly feel the subtle emotional, 'lingering and alliterative' flow of the written pages.

6. Roland Nicolai Fanega's rating of the film Lolita

more true to the book than Kubrick, but not as well executed. did not get a boner watching this one...

7. Ann Burden's rating of the film Lolita

8. Polish Slug's rating of the film Lolita

Jeremy Iron and Dominique Swain's performance is over the top. It is much closer to the book, although it doesn't portray some important aspects of the story that misleads anyone who hasn't read the book.

9. Doe Deer's rating of the film Lolita

beautiful; not despite but precisely because of its moral dimension

10. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Lolita

11. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Lolita

Closer to the book, but campier than Kubrick's version. I think I enjoyed it more, because of the perfect cast and its bold sensuality. Could have done without so much voice-over. Recommendable.

12. hexhunk's rating of the film Lolita

A version of Lolita that tries to diffuse the controversy that is the soul of Nabokov's book. What's the point?

13. Inês Palma's rating of the film Lolita

Estranho mas bom. Estranhamente bom. É dificil arranjar palavras para este filme. Lolita intriga-nos, do inicio ao fim. É sedutora e inocente, pura mas decadente. Lolita é estranha, e é isso que mais adoro nela. Um dos filmes da minha vida. Nada politicamente correto. Sensual de uma maneira que nos deixa desconfortáveis. Lolita não passa de uma criança. Mas sim, as crianças sentem. Desejo, medo, amor. Lo-lee-ta.

14. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Lolita

A much erotic remake. Raw and magnificent. Rewatched. It is NOT ok to have Jeremy Irons performed a pedophile because HE IS FUCKING HOT

15. julia.s's rating of the film Lolita

yep. actually felt physically sick multiple times while watching this

16. Ana's rating of the film Lolita

I enjoyed it for it's twisted psychological prespective on the main characters relationship.

17. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Lolita

Dominique Swain was terrific, and Jeremy Irons is the perfect Humbert Humbert. The only issue is, although the screenplay was successful in portraying the protagonist as a hungry and desperate fiend, it failed in accentuating his destructive sociopathic tendencies found throughout the book.

18. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Lolita

19. zohen lux's rating of the film Lolita

embarrassing but this movie changed my life

20. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Lolita

Not as good as the original, but Jeremy IRONS is more attractive & interesting than James MASON.

21. kris's rating of the film Lolita

This is a good film, i haven't seen the original to compare it to but i really like this remake.

22. DarthVader's rating of the film Lolita

Karamelde bile daha fazla tutkunun olduğu bir Lolita filmi.

23. atthesssea's rating of the film Lolita

is it normal to be attracted to Jeremy Irons?

24. .:BuNNii:.'s rating of the film Lolita

A lot more sexualized than the original. A great depiction in how powerful lust and temptation is!