1. Richard Tines's rating of the film Lonesome Dove

"It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!" another classic from my childhood, remembered....Robert Duvall is wonderful as the default hero, but it's Jones who steals the show as it winds on, his hard-bitten character inhabited to crusty perfection....i suffered through a lot of Jawn Wayne vehicles as a child (my dad was a trick for his acting) but Lonesome Dove is one western i savour having shared with him...

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Lonesome Dove

A western epic with a lot of great western action and memorable characters, especially Robert Duvall steals the show. Sadly it premiered on network TV making the bordello visits so tame and family friendly they become hilarious and the glued-on white beard is worthy a comedy performance on Saturday Night Live.

3. mpho3's rating of the film Lonesome Dove

"So ideally cast, richly textured, and picturesque that it easily stands amongst the best [miniseries] ever made." (Groucho Reviews). Comments about Lonesome Dove tend to be filled w/ so much hype that I had to see it for myself. It's a little Eighties hokey, like a Disney film for adults, but the accolades aren't misplaced. Iconic for Duvall, and TLJones astounds in a fine story.