1. Aardsy's rating of the film Lonesome

3. Balthaz21's rating of the film Lonesome

4. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Lonesome

5. bryanvmh's rating of the film Lonesome

6. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Lonesome

"'We are SMART cinephiles!'" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/12/episode-82-cinema-masters-vol-xi.html

7. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Lonesome

It's as silly as it is gorgeous.

8. Log Lady's rating of the film Lonesome

Granted, this is a sweet and bubbly romance (the type I don't usually like), but I completely fell in love with the sincerity and the frantic and exhausting energy. Tryon is adorable and charming, and the way the screen is overwhelmed by the huge frolicking crowds and the overlapping of images is wonderful (the roller coaster ride!). During a little amount of time, Fejös makes the viewer care about the characters.

9. Brendan's rating of the film Lonesome

Save for some awkward talking scenes shoehorned in from studio pressure, the film is exuberant throughout. The film showcases an artistic use of both sound and color rather than a literalization of the image that gives it a timeless energy. The biggest surprise was the great and stunningly sincere performances (again, save the talking bits). This movie could only be made in 1928, and for all of the best reasons.

10. D/R/W's rating of the film Lonesome

I beautiful story and great piece of early cinema thats finally been unearthed. Unfortunatly, the version I saw had some really crappy redone soundtrack that sounded like a guitar going through garageband, so I had tp supply my own. It even played over the quick dialogue parts. I'll be very pleased to pick up the big Fejos-lovin' Criterion set though

11. Erik's rating of the film Lonesome

Just read about this in the Notebook, playing in LA at the TCM fest... sounds like a killer.

12. Cole Caudle's rating of the film Lonesome

This movie is pure joy. Sweet and unabashedly romantic. A city symphony. A master class in visual storytelling. A film whose creativity and imagination are delightfully evident in every frame. A film which reminds me why I've always wanted to make films.

13. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Lonesome

Lonesome is a joy to behold. A short but sweet tale of accidental romance in the bustle of 1920s New York City. Impressive editing, use of colour and even a dash of dialogue as well. I am reminded of why I love films so much. Highly recommended viewing.

14. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film Lonesome

murnau-baudelairesque tale with a hollywoodesque happy ending; amazing style, hinge between silent and talkies, b&w and color

15. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Lonesome

Yin of The Crowd. Looks like today's independent movies. May have provided inspiration for Before Sunrise, La Science des Rêves etc. I like very much.

16. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Lonesome

The editing and experimentation that comes with a simply delightful story is reminiscent of Muranu's films (ex. Sunrise). Definitely a silent that deserves more attention!

17. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Lonesome

The dialogue in Paul Fejos' semi-silent LONESOME may seem cheesy by today's standards, but this long unavailable early sound era triumph about two single working stiffs who find each other for one glorious night in New York, is a swooningly romantic masterpiece. From the gorgeous color elements to the early sound scenes retooled for audiences demanding sound, this experimental mix of styles hits the spot.

18. Roscoe's rating of the film Lonesome

A charming little film of great warmth and energy, with some fine performances from Barbara Kent and Glenn Tryon. The film might be too energetic, though, it gets borderline frantic at times -- was Coney Island really that crazy?

19. MarcH's rating of the film Lonesome

This exhilarating silent film shifts suddenly into a talking picture for only about 30 seconds, and you're so wrapped up in these characters you almost want to cry. How lucky are we to have this unsung masterpiece back in circulation. Don't miss this.

20. Low's rating of the film Lonesome

Criterion dvd/Blu-ray in August!

21. Antoine Tremblay's rating of the film Lonesome

So glad I finally found a copy of this one! This is only 70 minutes but I will never forget any second of it. I don't know much about Fejos works but I'll try to watch more of his stuff very soon. Late 20's cinema always will be my favorite era and this is one of the greatest films of the period. Fantastic movie! 5 stars easily.