1. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

This almost-three-hour adaptation was everything I would hope for Lumet perfection. But is clearly a passion project and, like all passion projects, the choices aren't always perfect. Its overlong, its so dialogue-driven that is that kind of “actor's film” that doesn't excels in any form that it's not it's performances. I would love to love this film, but I couldn't.

2. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Kath Hepburn is terrifying. One of the greatest performances I've ever seen.

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Pretty much perfect in every way. The acting is stellar by all involved, but Robards probably gave the performance of his career here. Lumet helms another masterpiece, and, like 12 angry men, he sort of lets everything unfold naturally. It really does still feel like a play, they didnt really do much to change that. Perhaps that would hamper some folks enjoyment, but not me. One of the best of the 60s. Essential.

4. Log Lady's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Much more understandable when you're familiar with the play. The length of the film is explained by the fact that O'Neill's text wasn't tampered with like so often Hollywood did to plays. The characters try to escape the situation in different ways, and Hepburn's portrayal is spot on as Mary, who takes drugs to disappear into herself. The moody cinematography adds to the oppressing atmosphere of frustration.

5. 'king Harold's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Pure theatre, beautiful piano interludes mixed with the bell and horn in the fog. Incredible cast, photography and total commitment from the actors to the destructive poetic dialogue. Hepburn is amazing.Food for the soul.

6. raggiodisole's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Crikey. stirring, enveloping, heady stuff. Stagey, but lost none of its power for that.

7. Superfrog's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

It is not so much that it is terrible, it is more that it is awfully long, that I don't have that much time, so I figuratively walked out and walked in something else.

8. innersmiff's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Everything is slightly off in this adaptation. Hepburn's good performance as addict seems to be in a different film to everyone else. Characters talk at each other. There is no building of tension - 3 hours worth of chewy climax.

9. Bonar Law's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

I simply could not watch........

10. fizzpot's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Blistering performances in this domestic tragedy by O'Neill. Claustrophobic. Quite a long and stagey watch.

11. Noëlle's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

12. Yiota's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Hepburn. The way her hair gradually fall down. The looser they become the looser her structure. And then the fog. Over our words

13. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

It has a feeling of walking through treacle..not in a bad way..everything is considered..the performances, almost over the top, but not...all the characters are damaged in some way, all just clinging on to, something, each other?..wonderful..and Dean Stockwell..He is the brother James Dean should have had.

14. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Excellent. Intense, emotional, great performances and some beautiful shots. Families, phew.

15. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

“The things life has done to us, we cannot excuse, or explain.” - Mary / “It was a great mistake my being born a man, I would have been much more successful as a seagull or fish. As it is, I’ll always be a stranger who can never really feel at home.” - Edmund

16. RhysB's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

A good old play. No overacting whatsoever. For some reason I kept expecting Dr Sam Becket to come and sort it all out. Seriously though, this was really good.

17. Agne's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Very strong performances all around, Katharine Hepburn in particular. One thing that puzzled me was the effects of morphine - for half a movie I would have sworn she was on amphetamines (harking back to the mother in The Private Lives of Pippa Lee). The strongest point of the plot is how it's impossible to point out a single overarching reason for things to have gone so terribly wrong, how it all is self-perpetuating

18. FéverParallésime's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Wanted to love it but it was really just back and forth for 3 hours with a lot of "I'm sorry I said that" then directly firing into another accusation or rebuttal, after a while I just wanted it to end. Performances were great all around though, Queen Katherine going absolutely NUTS

19. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Performances are too melodramatic. but beautifully shot and well staged all in one space. No surprise from a guy who made 12 Angry Men.

20. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Perfect performances by an amazing cast. Very few actors can pull off this painful text. This film freaking kills me each time I see it. Shattering.

21. ohrachelleigh's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

this cast was completely perfect, all well deserved of the cannes best acting award.the stand out for me was Dean Stockwell, this man is amazing

22. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

★★★★★ the real drama(tics).

23. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Hypnotic. The acting is sublime.

24. patchwork's rating of the film Long Day's Journey Into Night

Lumet questa volta si pone al totale servizio degli attori, limitandosi a filmarli con grande utilizzo di primi piani senza inserire di suo praticamente alcun guizzo registico, girando in sintesi del vero e proprio teatro filmato. ottimo tutto il cast, con la Hepburn che si mangia la scena, pure troppo per i miei gusti, al punto che l'ultima ora nella quale lei non appare arriva quasi come una boccata d'ossigeno.