1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Looking for Eric

A somewhat whimsical search for self amid a familiar Loachian landscape of stymied ambition. The mythic, social-realist contemplation works surprisingly well (odd shades of Harvey) although the social detail is unusually unconvincing with the contrived workmates self-help set-ups. One isn't much closer to Eric's Id by the end of it although an affirmation of manly friendship cannot be denied.

2. Mellow Dude's rating of the film Looking for Eric

3. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film Looking for Eric

A British, Italian, Belgian, French and Spanish co-production filmed in Manchester; magic realism? more like magic naturalism; "You Tube ? What's that ? A new kind of fucking Brylcreem? "

4. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Looking for Eric

"I am not a man. I am Cantona". Spirit Uplift film - lovely.

5. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Looking for Eric

6. First Lady Dré's rating of the film Looking for Eric

Oo-arh Can-ton-ah. Funny film about men. Reminded me why I like them. Almost made me like footie too

7. Speedyus Mikus's rating of the film Looking for Eric

Laughed my ass off with his shame, crazies that sometimes I have too. Good movie to watch.

8. Superfrog's rating of the film Looking for Eric

Very watchable and exposing of social dynamics that are interesting, if a bit cliché. The whole end of film can be see as either the power of the people but it is crude and only does a criticism of the authorities by what they don't do. The question of, what would I do, comes to mind.

9. alimcintyre's rating of the film Looking for Eric

Brilliant! Ken Loach never disappoints.

10. Elena Cosmanescu's rating of the film Looking for Eric

11. janh24's rating of the film Looking for Eric

Sentimental for sure, but moving nonetheless.

12. Penelope q's rating of the film Looking for Eric

A comedy with lots of Loach messages.

13. Bastien G.'s rating of the film Looking for Eric

3.5 very nice, sweet and funny movie, sacré Canto!! :)

14. JL's rating of the film Looking for Eric

Not that I know many of his films, but I wasn't expecting this from Ken Loach - nearly turned it off after the first half hour, not caring anything for football, but eventually you warm to Evets' character. Ridiculous as it is, the film is fun, funny and a little touching.

15. harringtonellie's rating of the film Looking for Eric

You can't really go too far wrong with Ken Loach. Looking for Eric is lovely, admittedly not my favourite of Loach's but it has all the key elements that make his films so brilliant. Classic Ken, and Classic Cantona.

16. gramsci13's rating of the film Looking for Eric

Loach's masterful social realism meets classic working class British comedy. Looking for Eric mixes some truly hilarious moments with daily worries and deep, darker social problems. A great cast and Cantona is just fantastic

17. Mister Monkeyman's rating of the film Looking for Eric

Mix of realism and fantasy could have gone badly wrong, but Ken Loach is old and wise enough to keep the focus on the characters and achieves a sense of authenticity in the midst of the sometimes far-fetched situations.

18. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film Looking for Eric

Along with Meadows, I feel Loach's work is one of the best combination of drama and comedy there is. There are so few films which interest me thematically, but really make me laugh out loud, and this one of those rare gems. A whole lot of fun!!

19. themroc's rating of the film Looking for Eric

Ken Loach at his light hearted best. An absolute must-see film for anybody who likes their comedy with a social realist flavour.

20. Linn's rating of the film Looking for Eric

Beautiful, funny and warm-hearted film about friendship and in a way also about imagination (here: drug-induced). Eric Cantona who plays himself is quite convincing, but Steve Evets is the true star here. A man between suicide and childlike enthusiasm and love for his family and friends. If only it wasn't so damn hard to understand him and his lads...

21. kris's rating of the film Looking for Eric

An interesting film. I didn't know what to expect with the appearance of Eric Cantona, but it really works. Enjoyable and heartwarming.

22. postblueink's rating of the film Looking for Eric

23. rociof's rating of the film Looking for Eric

24. celestenorth's rating of the film Looking for Eric

Aunque floja en algunos momentos clave de intensidad dramática, es inevitable generar estima por nuestro protagonista y querer su redención. Un cuento divertido sobre superación. Y Hooligans ¡Cantona!