1. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Los bastardos

Visually and emotionally impeccable, but too similar to Funny Games, La Vie de Jesus and Los Muertos.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Los bastardos

Porté aux nues par certains (Libération), vilipendé par d'autres (Positif), le film ne mérite ni autant d'éloges flatteurs, ni autant d'opprobres incendiaires. Ses 90 minutes mexicaines recèlent effectivement bien des longueurs et des afféteries surnuméraires, mais aussi, par-delà les facilités et les futilités de la narration, quelques éléments fort pertinents, d'une sourde émotion universelle. www.cinefiches.com

3. Ana Cecilia Rangel's rating of the film Los bastardos

impactante, dolorasa, muestra una realidad que no quiero ver. Invasión a lo pendejo. Una historia que francamente me duele porque soy mexicana y ver la mutua agresión de personajes perdidos. Me dolió por dias. no dormí bien. Valiente director, pero no te vuelvo a ver. No soy tu target

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Los bastardos

5. Balthaz21's rating of the film Los bastardos

6. Antonina K's rating of the film Los bastardos

Se me hizo un tributo a Funny Games. Lenta pero bellísima.

7. zi's rating of the film Los bastardos

Remarkable use of stillness. Engaging, even when "nothing" was happening.

8. A-H-H-H's rating of the film Los bastardos

Seen this before. Warning. Extremely graphic final scene.

9. saitosouta's rating of the film Los bastardos

Highly minimalistic, deeply bleak portrait of the weak oppressing the weaker (In this, Mexican immigrants men/woman, confined to suburb, called "gringa" by them maybe). Dir depicts a discrimination between minorities so horrifyingly & makes me scream with so-called-that-movie-directed-by-D.Cronenberg explosion of violence like Jackson Pollok's abstract arts. FIN, but their lifes continue til to die or be killed.

10. Melissa Perez's rating of the film Los bastardos

I can surely say I have never seen a story like this. At first it was tough to get through because but by the end it was touching and painful. I'm so glad I stayed.

11. Alex's rating of the film Los bastardos

Interesting as a film, but the story seemed poor. It seemd only to hinge on one moment (the accidental shooting of the shotgun).. The first twenty minutes or so are also interesting and could be a completely seprate film with the same effect, possibly an even more worthy effect.

12. caitlin.f's rating of the film Los bastardos

13. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Los bastardos

A slow soft burn about racism and money. I appreciated the film's commitment to mood. I found the first hour compelling.

14. Cosgrove's rating of the film Los bastardos

Despite some too-long takes and a thin plot, I did like this movie, if not enjoy it. The first half feels like a slow-burn "Falling Down", while the second half, as others have noted, moves into "Funny Games" territory, minus the smirk. I think the message is a little muddy, since the main duo is played sympathetically for half the time and latently sinister for the other. However, it certainly makes an impression.

15. David R Williams's rating of the film Los bastardos

Disrespect breeds disrespect. Violence leads to more. When its all said and done there's a few more patches of blood and viscera but the world as a whole remains unchanged and unknowing. Bleak but essential viewing.

16. Landen Celano's rating of the film Los bastardos

Really enjoyed the first three-fourths of this, but I'm not quite sure I understand what it's trying to say in its final moments. Felt like shock value, which is only a term I reserve for cliffhanger television shows and mainstream horror. Quite perplexing.

17. Dan Roy's rating of the film Los bastardos

Somebody saw Funny Games and noticed it wasn't in Spanish

18. Nunox's rating of the film Los bastardos

19. muse_x's rating of the film Los bastardos

Qué pínche película. El minimalismo a la Mexicana. Mexican cinema a la minimalist w/ a slow burn & then...

20. Caden M's rating of the film Los bastardos

Brooding and unsettling, Escalante's Los Bastardos recalls Haneke's Funny Games with almost all the thrills and unanswered questions but with an added sense of palpable horror.

21. 2multo's rating of the film Los bastardos

Another one. Mubi does not disappoint.

22. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Los bastardos

23. jeremy foley's rating of the film Los bastardos

Interesting. About halfway into the movie I was already dissapointed, it wasn't what I hoped it would have been...I felt like a lot of it was filler, again a 70 minute story padded to 90 minutes, but I guess the director was building tension, even if some of it was boring the final payoff was fantastic.

24. Jimbrowski's rating of the film Los bastardos

Hope Donald Trump never sees this one.