1. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Lost Highway

A modern retelling of The Cabinet of Dr Caligari; a film about a man who commits a crime so unspeakable that he's forced to reimagine his life through the perspective of someone else. He can't escape it & soon the truth begins to bleed through into the fiction. It's a fascinating experiment, mysterious, unnerving & cinematic, & precursor to the same theme of psychological transmutation also found in Mulholland Drive.

2. Capela's rating of the film Lost Highway

Ed: Do you own a video camera? Renee Madison: No. Fred hates them. Fred Madison: I like to remember things my own way. Ed: What do you mean by that? Fred Madison: How I remembered them. Not necessarily the way they happened.

3. limited-space's rating of the film Lost Highway

One of my favorite movie maiden by Lynch, so far. (The other ones are Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive.) This is what a real David Lynch movie is and should be.

4. Diogo CF's rating of the film Lost Highway

7/10 1st half: ☆☆☆☆☆ 2nd half: ☆☆☆

5. JMKE's rating of the film Lost Highway

way sexier than crash

6. Diderot's rating of the film Lost Highway

There's an element of Lynch that allows an unreflected misogynistic imagination to have full reign but nonetheless creates certain powerful images that cannot be so polemically reduced. He also makes films about desire more effectively than almost anyone else.

7. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Lost Highway

OJ and a Doorbell ditcher, Deren and noir, lips and nips. Lynch mixes some strange influences into a strange, but surprisingly accessible movie. I'm torn on whether we are meant to be as horrified by the sex as the protagonist/s, whether this is a puerile nightmare or a criticism of sexualisation. It's scary regardless and perhaps the sole remnant of nineties goth culture that holds up.

8. Diego Ruscitto's rating of the film Lost Highway

9. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Lost Highway

Another Lynchian trip into the underbelly of the world and a messed-up mind. RAMM-STEIN!

10. Joana China's rating of the film Lost Highway

I like to remember things my own way. How I remembered them. Not necessarily the way they happened.

11. William's rating of the film Lost Highway

1.5. Third-rate Lynch. Half a star for those glorious close-ups and the early scenes with Bill Pullman & Patricia Arquette (she really gets put through a lot in this one). Familiar Lynchian devices abound, but the creative epiphany is gone, and the material seems cheap and counterfeit.

12. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Lost Highway

CINEMA, 35mm _ rewatched, on a giant screen in the best possible conditions. I was amazed at the editing the way images fade into each other. Also appreciated the iconic film references (Vertigo and Double Idemnity among others). A real dark experience with unexpected soundtrack choices. It annouces in a way a lot of what is about to come in Mullholand Drive. Beautiful to dive in again 17 years later.

13. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Lost Highway

14. Kamran's rating of the film Lost Highway

A trip into the surreal dreamworld of man unhinged, rife with imagery of the many transformations of an untethered mind. 83/100 - Great.

15. Juan Diego's rating of the film Lost Highway

16. André Vieira's rating of the film Lost Highway

Trippy but accessible journey.

17. Mariana Cruz's rating of the film Lost Highway

18. Levi Miah's rating of the film Lost Highway

The second half isn't as absorbing as the first, which is almost full blown horror. The lingering shot in the corridor after Patricia Arquette steps out - pure terror. I forgive the drop of intensity midway through because of the outcome with the spiral structure (that was strangely pythagorean). Although, the weirdest part of this film is how it could very well be Lynch's premonition of Ryan Gosling's career.

19. ceknklsn's rating of the film Lost Highway

95/100 (Tekrar izlenebilecek zamanı arıyordum. Gerçekten en doğru vakti buldum sanırım. Ve şuna kanaat getirdim ki Pulp Fiction ve Lost Highway sakin kafayla, gündüz gözüyle, hatta alkolsüz izlenecek son filmlerdir. Bu filmi olağanca geç bir saatte, bulanık kafayla ve biraz alkollü izledim. Ve film bitişiyle Rammstein'in gerçek keyfine vardım "Sonu elektrikli sandalye olsa bile keşke biz de bu rüyaları görebilsek"..)

20. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Lost Highway

This would have been better as a 20 minute montage. It looks and sounds great, but I don't feel that there's enough substance to last almost two hours. Lynch is a genius and the worlds he creates are brilliantly dark and enthralling, but 'Lost Highway' lacks almost any magnetism for me. It's just too confusing. I don't think I should have to watch it 10 times or google the ambiguous details before I 'get it'.

21. ermete polpette's rating of the film Lost Highway

22. FISCHER's rating of the film Lost Highway

Une étouffante oeuvre "schizophrénique", malaisée et cauchemardesque qui se déroule et s'enroule sans fin dans sa propre négation maladive... www.cinefiches.com

23. Brooke Naomi's rating of the film Lost Highway