1. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Lost Highway

Highlights: The sound design, as always, conjoins with precisely conceived physical spaces to create a dimensionality found only in Lynch; the sections in the gorgeous Hollywood tomb-home offer sublime space/sound. Steep dilutions: Lazy nu-metal/industrial lacquered-on doom-aura and music-vid audiovisuals should be left to the much lesser David F.; they ill-fit the much odder and much finer sensibility of David L.

2. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Lost Highway

3. Júlia Valente's rating of the film Lost Highway

4. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Lost Highway

Ich habe gar nichts gegen mysteriöse Filme, nur wünschte ich, der Regisseur würde dabei den Überblick behalten. Ich wünschte, er hätte eine Absicht, eine Idee! Lynch immerhin das Talent, uns alle mit leerer Luft in Atem zu halten. (Dazu haben wir für euch eine Film List der 90s postmoderne zusammengestellt auf der Empfehlungsseite unserer Videothek cinegeek.de

5. Mateusz's rating of the film Lost Highway

6. Emily Humphries's rating of the film Lost Highway

7. ammar's rating of the film Lost Highway

8. Ned Bookman's rating of the film Lost Highway

A thoroughly engrossing movie, but it is paint-by-numbers Lynch - take away the Mystery Man and the transformation and it is pretty generic pulp noir. Despite what many have said, it's real problem is that it isn't weird enough..

9. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film Lost Highway

The first part really ties you there. After his transformation it kinda loses it.

10. opandadodavid's rating of the film Lost Highway

11. Dimitris Jb's rating of the film Lost Highway

Fuck my mind relentlessly David Lynch.

12. Dale Wittig's rating of the film Lost Highway

Inspired in part by Edgar Ulmer’s Detour (a B movie from 1945 about an unlucky jazz musician who kills a couple of grifters and remembers both killings as freak accidents,) but really stemming from Lynch’s own hallucinations, nightmares, and fascination with Hollywood murders old and new, Lost Highway is Lynch’s first great film about his adopted home town. He’s lived there longer than he’s lived anywhere else.

13. miles's rating of the film Lost Highway

funny how secrets travel

14. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Lost Highway

15. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Lost Highway

I remember thinking that some of the music was a bit lame, not evocative or "other" enough. But this probably deserves a revisit since Cache.

16. Madison Rudd's rating of the film Lost Highway

First half- favorite Lynch. Second half, not so much

17. Francesca Di Donna's rating of the film Lost Highway

David Lynch knows perfectly how to fuck my head.

18. ghinnet's rating of the film Lost Highway

I think Lynch's visionary side is the comforting ingredient in Lost Highway. After a brilliant, captivating and deeply haunting start the film totally looses consistency for me - Balthazar Getty seems definitely miscast and his character ends up looking quite plain and uninteresting. I feel like the second part the story lacked something, maybe some charm and rhythm. I wished the atmosphere didn't shift that much.

19. postblueink's rating of the film Lost Highway

20. Mariana Branco's rating of the film Lost Highway

21. dyinguniverse's rating of the film Lost Highway

"We've met before, haven't we?"

22. Muraki's rating of the film Lost Highway

3.8 i could say that there's something wrong with the timing in this movie

23. Obsessive Cinema Disorder (OCD)'s rating of the film Lost Highway

Lynch deliberately weakens our sense of control until we become obedient and submissive to his subversive surrealism. He has a different language, his symbolic and he juggles with the obscene. Every close up it's one step to understand this man that bursts when meditating on consciousness. He's the Devil himself ladies and gentleman. His the wrath of God.

24. Rocco's rating of the film Lost Highway

So like, it's basically a test run for the far superior Mulholland Dr.