1. Aardsy's rating of the film Lost Horizon

Lost two and a half hours, amiright?

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Lost Horizon

Efficace et incontournable Capra ! www.cinefiches.com

3. A47's rating of the film Lost Horizon

Shangri-La. Shangri-La. Shangri-La. When there was still some world left to discover. "I believe it, because I want to believe it... Here's my hope: that we all find our Shangri-La." God, if only this was better.

4. Howard Orr's rating of the film Lost Horizon

Worthy and dull super-production, where overacting and flat comedy are disappointingly prevalent. All too often it merely raises trifling questions such as: if it's such a perfect society, why are there locks on the doors? But the superb Ronald Colman makes the film somehow watchable; I'd insist that the reaction of his face upon first seeing Shangri-La is one of the finest moments of screen acting ever recorded.

5. Livor's rating of the film Lost Horizon

I'm having mixed feelings with this movie. I really enjoyed the beggining, and the snowy landscapes were awesome, but when they reach Shangri-la... I can't say it's a bad movie, but I didn't like the idea of Western superiority over Asia (An eutopia in Asia created by Europeans, all the main characters are Europeans or North Americans, and much, much more).

6. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Lost Horizon

Great denouement in the mountains, beautiful use of German Expressionist style to mirror Conway's interior mental state.

7. chanandre's rating of the film Lost Horizon

[Cinémathèque PT #322: 35 mm]

8. msmichel's rating of the film Lost Horizon

Restored version. Essential cinema. Adaptation of Hilton's novel makes some changes but lord does it make it cinematic. Perhaps my favorite Capra certainly the one i've seen the most times. Casting is aces with Ronald Colman especially apt. Walker's b&w cinematography beautiful as is the warm score by Dimitri Tiomkin. I too hope that someday we all find our Shangri-La. Doesn't get much better.

9. SirFuo's rating of the film Lost Horizon

10. Stu Witmer's rating of the film Lost Horizon

One of the all-time great opening sequences!

11. classicJo's rating of the film Lost Horizon

One of my all time favorite films. Love, peace, no war and no hate, this is a world I want to live in. In my top ten films ever made.

12. codyhunter's rating of the film Lost Horizon

13. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film Lost Horizon

Granted I stopped watching his work after awhile, but I'd call this Capra's best film.

14. Emily Nine's rating of the film Lost Horizon

a strange and lovely gem that is only bettered by the ultra-weirdo still images from the lost footage/recovered sound scenes.

15. NealEdelstein's rating of the film Lost Horizon

Some strange and beautiful choices.

16. Anastasia's rating of the film Lost Horizon

I watched it on an airplane, it was a pleasant surprise to be on the in-flight entertainment menu!