1. babycakesromero's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

a perfect storm perfectly captured

2. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

For someone like me who is as interested in the process of making films as enjoying the finished product, this was a fascinating documentary. Poor Gilliam - one of our most interesting directors - was destined to fail in this attempt to make Quixote. I hope that one day he gets another chance.

3. shelbywelldone's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

love watching the failures of men

4. joe's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

Brilliant! Watched this twice it was so good

5. McOpinionated's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

sometimes a documentary team are in the right place at the right time, due to luck as well as their intentions, and catch some of the key events and most of the key people. 4.5* upgraded to 5*because, well just because.

6. ajdehany's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

Poignant now given it's fifteen years later and no Quixote. The rushes look great. It's a shame Rocheford's performance was pained; in principle he is perfect.

7. hicca's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

wanted to see this since it came out in 2002 - love gilliams inventiveness but maybe, in fact this is in fact a lesson on 'less is more' rather than a divine intervention as its presented?

8. Charles Corn's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

An interesting if narrow insight into Gilliam and modern filmmaking. While it felt as if its main aim was to fuel the Gilliam/Quixote myth, it also blew some of the fog away, and at times I struggled to buy into Gilliam's vision.

9. miles's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

Quite hard to watch that!

10. SiIencio's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

Fairly entertaining indeed as it gives us a rare glimpse into the minutiae of film-making. There is a very limited scope to the film and that is why events must be exagerated to infuse some drama. It could well work as an insight into Terry Gillian's unorthodox style but the fact of the matter remains that the project was doomed by one & just one major ineludible event. And the myth was then blown out of proportion.

11. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

As much as I love the work of Gilliam, seeing his reckless and unfocused approach to directing is always a frustrating experience. This documentary shows just how much went wrong on his attempt to make "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote", but perhaps the biggest obstacle to overcome was Gilliam himself, who seems frustrated with the time and energy it takes to pluck visions from his mind and put them on film.

12. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

The weakest link (bar CQ) in this film festival. Worth seeing for the insight into moviemaking, and everything that could possibly go wrong on set and behind the scenes.

13. smndvdcl's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

A powerful account of the trials in contemporary film production pursuits for autonomy despite the ingenuity of circumstance to derail the most planned sequences and shoots. Gilliam is a notorious maverick whose wild visions are hard to pin down into a pragmatic core, yet his scope is vital for the future of cinema. Despite the logistical failure of this vision, I can't help but admire Gilliam more.

14. PervertedActor's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

15. emichan's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

God bless Terry Gilliam

16. Zengin N.'s rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

in spite of all troubles, the donquichette movie: the man who killed don quixote will be watched at 2011. it s now on pre-production. great news this is.

17. Vincente Oristivar's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

Would you belive it !! when the going gets tough .... one day , one day

18. Tom Barnard's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

Utterly devastating, if somehow incomplete. I yearn for the finished version - the Rochefort version. How does Johnny Depp still manage to come across as the coolest guy in the world amongst all the mayhem?

19. scape's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

Oh my god, it's such a sad film!

20. kyeo's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

21. FailedImitator's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

I loved it. Yet, I felt it was missing something.

22. Dzimas's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

It might have been something interesting, but we will never know.

23. Xurxo G Penalta's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha

no podria recomendarla mas fervientemente!

24. Redrum4's rating of the film Lost in La Mancha