1. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Lost in New York

Both a little too magical and not magical enough.

2. lIZUKA's rating of the film Lost in New York

I haven't expected this to be sooo good !

3. Ghostman's rating of the film Lost in New York

I'm sorry but I thought this was awful. There are many ideas on the screen but all are half-baked. Rollin has no narrative string to pull them together like the New Wave filmmakers he was so clearly influenced by. You just can't pass off exposition as narrative, it doesn't work. Interesting but terrible. My first Rollin, maybe I should have started elsewhere.

4. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Lost in New York

rollin's borgesian, labyrinthine love poem to new york, cinema, books, fables, fairy tales and friendship, and the feminine element at the heart of the fantastique - i loved it

5. Tenjo Sajiki's rating of the film Lost in New York

Dreamy little made-for-TV fantasy from Rollin. It features some nice shots of late-'80s NYC (downtown), and I also like the digital synth soundtrack from Rollin's regular composer Philippe d' Aram. Most horror fanboys will probably hate this one though..

6. tibber's rating of the film Lost in New York

If you can get on Rollin's wavelength, a really unique experience.

7. this uncharming man's rating of the film Lost in New York

rollin uses a literary mcguffin to traverse the history of all cinema, creating a moody, hypnotic and transcendent universe all his own. clearly a referential and personal film, the foundation set with great aplomb; one would be hard pressed to find other cinema so singular and unique in scope. available on netflix.

8. animalcalls's rating of the film Lost in New York

A self-referential hallucination by way of Jacques Rivette. Can't tell if this is Rollin's most accesible film or least accessible. Regardless, I love it.