1. shane b's rating of the film Lost in Translation

2. lofisofi's rating of the film Lost in Translation

although i understand why people may find the relationship of two people who feel very out of place to be relatable, i have trouble separating this movie from its euro-centric views of Asia which is uses as a backdrop. interestingly, Tetsuya Nakashima's art director Towako Kuwashima designed the sets in this movie and his talent is not utilized well here imo

3. -Carlotta-'s rating of the film Lost in Translation

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Lost in Translation

5. Eva Cosac's rating of the film Lost in Translation

6. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Awfully overrated, terribly boring. I love Bill Murray & also Scarlett Johansson, but in here I never felt the supposedly "life-changing connection" between them. The much praised "melancholy" for me comes along as a bore. 2,5 stars.

7. Nari da Xana's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Always. Irresistibly comforting.

8. Jorge Lucas.'s rating of the film Lost in Translation

9. ellenmac's rating of the film Lost in Translation

One of the finest films of the 2000s in terms of aesthetics, acting and character/relationship study. I could watch it over and over again and never tire of it.

10. Andra Nicoleanu's rating of the film Lost in Translation

What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

11. Aulia Indry's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Quite disappointed with the ordinary ending, I thought there would be something painful between them.

12. nicolecahali's rating of the film Lost in Translation

assisti sem saber o que esperar e foi bem diferente do que eu imaginava! no começo me incomodei depois percebi que gostei bastante, teve até uma cena favorita: (spoiler) quando eles estão deitados e ele pega no pé dela e diz "you're not hopeless" e eles dormem. filme com ritmo real com pitadas surreais de Tóquio. Ah! sem falar nas belíssimas atuações... clichezinho hipster bom de verdade!

13. _shalashaska_'s rating of the film Lost in Translation

14. Kornovska's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Film sérieux, terre à terre, pas exagéré, portant sur le sens de la vie. C'est beau. On apprécie la simplicité vraie du scénario, le sublime et cruel réalisme des émotions, l'espoir. Les acteurs sont excellents (est-ce le meilleur film de Bill Murray?). Ça donne le goût d'aller visiter le Japon et de s'égarer momentanément avec soi-même. Excellent film.

15. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Murray and Johansson seem meant for each other and it is easy to see the young woman's passion for old men in Johansson's eyes. Scarlett also steals the movie from the first moment she shows her pink underpants. Excellent photographed and edited, but I thought there were too much focus on "cultural differences" moments that seem to be put in here to make fun of Japan instead of respecting the country and its people.

16. Meg's rating of the film Lost in Translation

17. Carolina's rating of the film Lost in Translation

-- follow this beautiful portrait of tedium.

18. Harriehhh's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Without a doubt, Lost In Translation is my favourite film and, in my opinion, about as close to perfection as one could get. Watch it, rewatch it, love it forever.

19. lidiishere's rating of the film Lost in Translation

I love the idea of roaming around foreign cities all alone without even knowing what locals are mumbling about :)

20. gld48's rating of the film Lost in Translation

This and La Dolce Vita were the films that sparked my obsession with films - characters going through crises, coming to some kind of spiritual awakening and yet still finishing on an ambiguous ending. Scarlett is perfect in this and Bill is Bill. Cinema can be a beautiful and graceful art form. This film is art. JUST LIKE HONEY.

21. chi.claud's rating of the film Lost in Translation

22. spasmolytic's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Can't decide if it wants to take place in reality or a precious satirical comedy but it's enjoyable, mostly for how it allows me to fantasize that I'm on a vacation in Tokyo, because I can't afford to do so in real life. Also thought it was uncool to put her then husband Spike Jonze and his acquaintances Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake on blast in a film this size, even if I'm not a fan of any of them.

23. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Lost in Translation

24. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Lost in Translation

I dislike the way in which all the other characters are made to look either ridiculous or loathsome on the scantiest of evidence to force us to invest in the relationship of two rather schmucky characters. Also, a lot of the broad "fish out of water" cultural comedy just rubbed me the wrong way. It looks gorgeous but then again Tokyo invites the camera's gaze. Maybe I'm just sad that S-Jo got famous, not Thora Birch.