1. Carolina's rating of the film Lost in Translation

-- follow this beautiful portrait of tedium.

2. Harriehhh's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Without a doubt, Lost In Translation is my favourite film and, in my opinion, about as close to perfection as one could get. Watch it, rewatch it, love it forever.

3. lidiishere's rating of the film Lost in Translation

I love the idea of roaming around foreign cities all alone without even knowing what locals are mumbling about :)

4. gld48's rating of the film Lost in Translation

This and La Dolce Vita were the films that sparked my obsession with films - characters going through crises, coming to some kind of spiritual awakening and yet still finishing on an ambiguous ending. Scarlett is perfect in this and Bill is Bill. Cinema can be a beautiful and graceful art form. This film is art. JUST LIKE HONEY.

5. lIZUKA's rating of the film Lost in Translation

MUBI better change the shitty screencap from the homepage.

6. chi.claud's rating of the film Lost in Translation

7. spasmolytic's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Can't decide if it wants to take place in reality or a precious satirical comedy but it's enjoyable, mostly for how it allows me to fantasize that I'm on a vacation in Tokyo, because I can't afford to do so in real life. Also thought it was uncool to put her then husband Spike Jonze and his acquaintances Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake on blast in a film this size, even if I'm not a fan of any of them.

8. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Lost in Translation

9. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Lost in Translation

I dislike the way in which all the other characters are made to look either ridiculous or loathsome on the scantiest of evidence to force us to invest in the relationship of two rather schmucky characters. Also, a lot of the broad "fish out of water" cultural comedy just rubbed me the wrong way. It looks gorgeous but then again Tokyo invites the camera's gaze. Maybe I'm just sad that S-Jo got famous, not Thora Birch.

10. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Lost in Translation

3.5 stars. This is the only Sofia Coppola movie that works for me. The others are either inert, attenuated or just plain amateurish. Bill Murray's consciousness floods the film. Scarlett Johansson is a wonderfully receptive partner for him.

11. ant's rating of the film Lost in Translation

It took me a second viewing to actually fall for this film. Great actors, settings and Kevin Shield's soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks ever.

12. lndah's rating of the film Lost in Translation

I watched this in a perfect time. Nothing gets me more anxious than hearing phony and shallow responds like, "Yeah, yeah, ah-hah-hah", or caught people (or myself) faking some nods, pretending to relate. This is the worst time where social interaction feels like a chore. It's been a year and I learnt a lot from it.

13. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Lost in Translation

The word I would use to describe this movie is blissful. An insightful look into loneliness while not being overly dramatic. Great direction and script and both protagonists have amazing chemistry

14. Adri Azhari's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Saling berbagi rasa sepi di tengah keterasingan megapolitan Tokyo. A sweet movie and sweet young Scarlett Johansson.

15. Bekriah M's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Japan fetishized, again. However, Bill Murray is a beloved uncle-actor.

16. NUGA's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Lost in Translation gives us a nuanced performance from Bill Murray and a somewhat thoughtful story about anonymity and existential crisis, all the while not being that engaging for me. This movie really feels like an early movie in a great director's career: great potential, great promise, a feeling that the movie is special, but ultimately the style is just is too embryonic.

17. mooloo's rating of the film Lost in Translation

i loved the cinematography but the relationship between a fresh college graduate and a 50-year-old made me very uncomfortable. it would have been nice if it was just something platonic but i had a gut feeling from the start it wouldn't be like that. there was also something that rubbed me the wrong way in the portrayal of japanese people.

18. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Lost in Translation

I finally got around to watching this. Although it's minimal from a story perspective, what kept me entranced from the start was how Coppola created this incredible atmosphere of isolationism in the most populated city on earth. We all relate to this feeling of losing one's purpose in the context of life; and you end up loving Murray and Johansson's bond, because it's built on mutual understanding of this.

19. Dzernera's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Perfect, slow and uncomplicated movie for those lonely, little bit cold evenings when life seems to be looping around meaningless things and routines. Sometimes something as simple as brief interaction with a like-minded soul can actually give a reason to accept and welcome the boring and unexciting parts of everyday human life.

20. Luke Lomeli's rating of the film Lost in Translation

it's okay. i love the basic idea, but there's a sort of rudderless quality to this that doesn't so much resemble the feeling of its characters' being "lost" as it does an amateur director still finding her footing. also, every scene with a Japanese person is played for laughs, & the film basically nudges the audience to laugh at the "wackiness" of japanese culture at every turn. it's uh, suspect, to say the least.

21. yovargas's rating of the film Lost in Translation

Nicely captures a certain mood of lost, wandering, quiet, searching ennui. It turns out nicely capturing a certain mood of lost, wandering, quiet, searching ennui is a bit boring. B-

22. Polish Slug's rating of the film Lost in Translation

If I should pick a movie to define my life this would be it. Amazing soundtrack, the landscapes are well picked and the story grabs you from the first minute. Favourite scene: them both laying in bed.

23. Henrique Garcês's rating of the film Lost in Translation

24. Walker's rating of the film Lost in Translation

I didn't love it as much as thought I would, but I think it is one of those films that sneaks up on you. Ask me what I think in a couple of years and I'll probably give it five stars.