1. Henk Lamers's rating of the film Lotus

Final score: 8. Storyline: 8, Originality: 8, Cinematography: 8, Involvement: 7, Sound: 7, Editing: 8, Educational: 8, Title design: 7, Acting: 8, Interesting: 8, Unusual: 7, Exciting: 7, Superior: 7

2. aaa88's rating of the film Lotus

Visually interesting (but not perfect). Weak screenplay, ordinary dialogues.

3. Carl0_SP's rating of the film Lotus

I have found this nonconformist movie so full of clichés but I have honestly appreciated it's realism. I am expecting this movie to be in China a protest against society. That's why is a three.

4. Kornovska's rating of the film Lotus

Film très intéressant dans sa façon de nous faire vivre les difficultés que doivent dépasser les jeunes femmes éduquées et libre-penseuses en Chine. Film un peu féministe, mais axé surtout sur le quotidien des gens là-bas. Critique pertinente de la propagande et du contrôle de la vie courante par le gouvernement. On a un peu l'impression qu'être soi-même est devenu impossible, tant en Chine qu'en occident...

5. EdieEmm's rating of the film Lotus

If Lotus is an unsophisticated, mediocre film, Liu Shu, at least, is a compelling puzzle. Subversion and conformity are woven together with perplexingly unfeigned sincerity; valid critiques of patriarchy & authoritarianism are set up to look a lot like the rote misgivings of naive, headstrong youth. By the end, it all seems less a ploy for the censors than a genuine adaptation against cognitive dissonance. Strange.

6. Mike Jempson's rating of the film Lotus

Well acted but ultimately disappointing. An elegy to conformism. A product from the Central Committee (rather tham Central Casting).

7. Tutu888's rating of the film Lotus

Sad story about a free spirit in the still very conservative Chinese society. The fact that the stubborn woman is Chinese makes this an original film. I still have my doubt about the moral: the only way to succeed in this life is to bow with the wind?

8. yris's rating of the film Lotus

A very depressing story on how the dreams and reality don't suit. Instead of giving us an empowered woman, we have a little girl struggling, saved constantly by men. Moral of the story: get married or find a failed path to dreams? Not sure...

9. paharcuapă's rating of the film Lotus

Maturing in a society where everyone is expected to live like they are told by their elders/the party and not think for oneself, a young intellectual tries to live her life against the grain, accepting little compromise. She starts as a teacher in a small town and tries a few other jobs. It's an old story, told at a slow pace. What makes it a bit more interesting (for a Western viewer) is the fact that it's Chinese

10. tanya guryel's rating of the film Lotus

' when expectation and sorrow, they become a part of life and the heart goes soft' Lotus is an intelligent film. There are a subtle amount of surreal scenes that demonstrate passive and active ways of containing the restlessness of your 20's. It is worth watching for the ending especially.

11. Marinos Koutsomichalis's rating of the film Lotus

A tale about adultness, the coming of age, dreams, ambitions, hopes and the eventual triumph of pragmatism/reality. The story is indeed somewhat cliché, but it's very nicely shot and acted so it does get a 3.5 from me.

12. Ray Kril's rating of the film Lotus

Lovely acting, camera...story is relavant