1. chazell's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

Trier is a wizard of the screen, always beautiful films.

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

How do you play a memory? Those last photos of Huppert have an unexpectedly powerful effect because you know they're the last photos. Mr. Druid did a remarkable job.

3. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

A powerful and moving film about life, death and grief. And serves a great coming of age story too. Great writing, great acting, original direction from Trier and great musical choices. I really love the title too. And what is louder than bombs? I would say that it is our emotions and our will to communicate them to others. An emotion can be expressed as a violent explosion. Some bombs need to explode sometimes.

4. Mariana Filipa's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

5. stopyunn's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

My patience fell apart when they kept saying how amazing the brother's writing is.

6. Gabriel Sica's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

7. Jarek Tokarski's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

Trier's english debut didn't surprise me, okay, maybe absence of Anders Danielsen Lie is something unusual for this director. Anyway, this story of searching for truth while getting into more and more lies shows, again, that Trier in his movies is not looking for a "Big Truth", but for the real emotions. Superb Eisenberg and Druid. Oh, I think that every movie needs a dance scene. This one had it. And it's beautiful.

8. Catalina Bordeanu's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

9. Dan's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

Even Jesse Eisenberg couldn't ruin a film that features a beautiful drunken walk home in the early morning.

10. Mic-kosh-ka's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

11. Valentina Sanchez's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

Isabelle Huppert superb as always!

12. Michael Peer's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

With so much talent on display, I was left sadly unaffected. There is so much good material here from the cast, subject matter, and direction that it's a disappointment that this wasn't the knockout I was hoping for. There are lots of moving parts but none of it seems immediate. While the stakes aren't massive, they should have felt huge, especially within an intimate family drama. A formidable disappointment.

13. nargs_au's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

Great directing & nicely told, not your average drama flick.

14. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

On the contrary to my premeditated feelings, this wasn't a movie about depressed Danish young people. Alas! It was a movie about depressed American young people. Pretty interesting family drama/coming of age story though.

15. vordven's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

16. Shōten's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

17. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

While I'm fond of it's fragmented structure there's something about the story and its characters that ring false or over sentimental.

18. Sergio Fernandez's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

3.5 increíbles pasajes y sentimientos

19. msmichel's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

Trier with his third feature makes an assured and powerful foray into English language film with this exceptionally well written film. Expertly cast all around especially Byrne, Huppert and young Druid. A fractured family copes with grief unable to connect with each other is the underlying story but there are so many more layers to the scripting here. Kudos to writers Eskil Vogt and Joachim Trier.

20. Levent Güçer's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

A huge step backwards after the excellent "Oslo,31 August".

21. Rodrigo's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

Snappy editing, heartfelt performances.

22. tenonder's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

23. Joao Francisco Pinho's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs

O filme corta com o progresso clássico dos filmes. No fim sentimos que o filme contou diversas histórias que estão interligadas entre si em harmonia, mas que conseguem existir sozinhas e é um dos pontos mais interessantes do filme.

24. patchwork's rating of the film Louder Than Bombs