1. tyb's rating of the film Love and Bruises

Visually beautiful as expected from the director, but truly difficult to watch the endless abuse and the main character's inability to stand up for herself. At times it felt like too much, as by a point it didn't add much to the movie.

2. msmichel's rating of the film Love and Bruises

TIFF '11 Have been a fan of Lou Ye since the start but this picture made in exile is really quite a non-starter. Sex, sex and more sex is about all it offers A chinese woman studying in France is dumped by the man she followed there and almost immediately is picked up by an unlikable french construction worker (Tahar Rahim showing none of the talent shown in previous work) who rapes her just for starts. Gets worse.

3. Isabel Ferreira's rating of the film Love and Bruises

I give it two and a half stars, but I 'm very disappointed. Had immense potential!

4. SP's rating of the film Love and Bruises

Alot is being thrown at the viewer, challenging at time, difficult to watch but tahar rahim/Lou Ye combo just had to do it for me.

5. Andre Rehal's rating of the film Love and Bruises

I thought it could lose 20 minutes and use a focus puller.

6. Spoiler's rating of the film Love and Bruises

AMOR E DOR é um filme sem fronteiras que fica no limbo entre a China e a França. Entre as diferentes políticas e culturas, entre as diferentes raças e territórios, entre o sexo e o amor, entre a violência e a ternura. Entre, afinal, amor e dor. Um verdadeiro sentimento humano, mas solitário também.