1. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Love and Death

Trama coinvolgente che diverte dall'inizio alla fine. Allen dimostra grandi doti tecniche, anche recitative, e dà vita a un protagonista eccellente. Comprimari irresistibili.Molto interessante l'analisi della vita proposta, legata all'amore e alla casualità. Alcune scene sono fantastiche.Comicità di alto livello con battute serrate.Tecnicamente l'opera è ottima, con una messa in scena di qualità e delle belle musiche

2. Tiago Pinho's rating of the film Love and Death

Woody Allen meets Mr. Bean.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Love and Death

Le monde et son "drame" à travers le comique essentiellement verbal d'un acteur - réalisateur souvent génial qui de film en film peaufine son art et sa maestria... www.cinefiches.com

4. Eduardo Azevedo's rating of the film Love and Death

It's just hilarious. "Sonja: Oh don't, Boris, please. Sex without love is an empty experience. Boris: Yes, but as empty experiences go, it's one of the best."

5. Dalibor's rating of the film Love and Death

A collage of homages to literary and cinematic misanthropists every other college freshman thinks (s)he relates to. For a large part of it, too straightforward and prosaic, but with an ubiquitous charm present, as director shifts from overproduction of "spontaneous" one-liners to mock-serious dealing with his most honest issues and fears, if ever more bluntly expressed then on the film's very own title.

6. palombellarossa's rating of the film Love and Death

7. David Aguilar's rating of the film Love and Death

8. ermete polpette's rating of the film Love and Death

9. JJJ's rating of the film Love and Death

Woody Allen's most hilarious movie steeped in Russian literature, European philosophy, and art-house film traditions. How can one not like it? Boris, you've hardly touched your blini.

10. Fabiha's rating of the film Love and Death

"The question is: have I learned anything about life? Only that human beings are divided into mind and body. The mind embraces all the nobler aspirations, like poetry and philosophy, but the body has all the fun. The important thing, I think, is not to be bitter."

11. ughchenausea's rating of the film Love and Death

"solo il nulla, non esistenza, buio, vacuità..." "cosa dici?!" "faccio programmi per il futuro."

12. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Love and Death

7.0/10, my review: Ghislain Cloquet

13. douglas binda's rating of the film Love and Death

14. beatrizatriz's rating of the film Love and Death

15. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Love and Death

-Nothingness, non-existence, black emptiness! -What did you say? -Oh, I was just planning my future.

16. John Baldwin's rating of the film Love and Death

The black drill sergeant sight gag is one of the funniest I've ever seen in an Allen movie.

17. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Love and Death

“To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you’re getting this down.”

18. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Love and Death

Hilarious comedy filled with some pseudo-intellectual chitchat. You know, the usual Woody Allen film. Which I love.

19. ninchok's rating of the film Love and Death

Oh, I just loved it! To be honest this is the first film of Woody that I've seen, because I always (for no reason) avoided his works. This however was a wonderful start. It was like a box filled with hilarious jokes and beautiful scenes. I laughed at every insignificant and unfunny joke, and that's, I guess, what defines a true comedy and a comedian. A wonderful-wonderful film!

20. EYELASHMITE's rating of the film Love and Death

witty philosophical commentary was great. pretty funny

21. James Mackin's rating of the film Love and Death

Woody Allen does 19th century Russian novels. More fun than it sounds.

22. Operation Kino's rating of the film Love and Death

The best film based on a Russian novel. Sort of.

23. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Love and Death

24. Alexandre Roy's rating of the film Love and Death

"Love and Death" is pure early Woody Allen comedy at its best. As an avid reader of Russian literature I picked up on all the inside jokes and references so that definitely increased my enjoyment. Even though it's a silly comedy it does have beautiful set pieces. Granted, some of the jokes fall flat but I still laughed out loud a lot of times. An intelligent feelgood movie.

← Previous 1 3 4