1. subsitude for whilpool's rating of the film Love & Friendship

2. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Love & Friendship

Stillman and Austen stirred together in an acidic cocktail

3. JCPJD's rating of the film Love & Friendship

I can see why this was so well received when it was released. There is a different pace to this film than in most Austen adaptions - I just dont think the pop editing and meta storytelling brings anything to the table beyond style. The story itself flits about then ends, the actors do their bit well enough and...not much else. I wasn't moved.

4. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Love & Friendship

An absolutely delicious screenplay which allows Kate Beckinsale to shine and includes some genuinely hilarious moments. Manages to drag Austin into the 21st Century (or is her work timeless?)

5. Aukse's rating of the film Love & Friendship

tasteful and entertaining game

6. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Love & Friendship

7. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Love & Friendship

8. Moshi's rating of the film Love & Friendship

oh lady susan, only if i could bottle her up and give it to all women out there!

9. angelicidea's rating of the film Love & Friendship

Jane Austen's witty dialogues truly shine in this entertaining adaptation

10. Lars Åndheim's rating of the film Love & Friendship

More going on here than meets the eye. Killer, but subtle staging, Morfydd Clark's face distorted by an uneven glass surface, the dialogue, which for once in a fleur-de-lis clad setting, inspires real laughs and not mere polite chuckles.

11. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Love & Friendship

Wait, I haven't reviewed this yet? I've seen this three times! And I don't even like Stillman! Like, at all! Effortlessly funny dialogue acted on a tightrope: Beckinsale and Bennet are clearly meant to shine but the rest of the cast has a solid grasp of the comedy. It's also well designed, from what I can tell. It's mostly just damn funny.

12. MistaRichard's rating of the film Love & Friendship

A funny and interesting watch that didn't turn out to be the comedy-shitshow I expected.

13. Nutter Jr's rating of the film Love & Friendship

Genuinely fun, witty and at times laugh out funny in ways I did not think a Jane Austen's story could be imagine. Lady Vernon is devilishly charming and deceitfully charming played by Kate Beckinsale who even though has not impressed me before is delightful here, whilst Tom Bennet's preposterous upper class twit Sir James is the film's true scene-stealer.

14. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Love & Friendship

15. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Love & Friendship

16. ionu's rating of the film Love & Friendship

17. Mohammad Ebrahimian's rating of the film Love & Friendship

18. oldeuboi's rating of the film Love & Friendship

Aside from the fact that it needs a little more room for the characters to breathe, 'Love & Friendship' still charmingly, ummm, ok cunningly funny as any Whit Stillman's would be.

19. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Love & Friendship

Funnier and sharper the second time around (some of the comic dialogue, and the film's overall comic tone, perfectly in keeping with Stillman's usual style but not obvious in the mid 19th century, may take more than one visit). Stillman among the few filmmakers who seems to get Austen, surely more a predecessor to Oscar Wilde than to Nicholas Sparks!

20. Justwibi's rating of the film Love & Friendship

with her beauty, Kate Beckinsale showed her cunning, helplessness and arrogance in a great fun way!

21. jenstor's rating of the film Love & Friendship

22. Allison Rung's rating of the film Love & Friendship

Neatly done. But for the best bits just read Lady Susan.

23. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Love & Friendship

Some really funny stuff, but not amongst Stillman’s best.

24. Oluseyi's rating of the film Love & Friendship