1. m00njaguar's rating of the film Love Battles

If that woman entered into my life, I would be terrified. Her mental torment manifesting in physical anger. But also there's something primal and sensual about her that would attract me. A uniquely expressed courtship in this film, filled with the contradictions of lust, regret, repugnance, lots of anger, the desire to dominate & to submit, As ambiguous and disturbing as dysfunctional passionate love can be.

2. filmingilman's rating of the film Love Battles

Admirable performances. Lots of energy, lots of wrestling. Almost too French.

3. Bryan Farfán's rating of the film Love Battles

erotica, sensual, brutal y hermosa francesa, una conexión perfecta entre los dos actores, su confianza y las sensaciones a través de la pantalla. bellísima!!

4. panagiotatos's rating of the film Love Battles

overanalyzing sexual emotions in a never-ending a la french dialogue and fight can be very boring.

5. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Love Battles

"Isn't it exciting going into the unknown?"

6. dmunoze's rating of the film Love Battles

7. Ankush Samant's rating of the film Love Battles

8. shalini14.utest's rating of the film Love Battles

9. Julie Maje.'s rating of the film Love Battles

there is something weirdly sculptural about this

10. Test's rating of the film Love Battles

11. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Love Battles

12. Knickerson's rating of the film Love Battles

Great acting from our two leads however the love battles became repetitive at points. Great back and forth with the dialogue.

13. fearraigh's rating of the film Love Battles

An interesting chamber piece from Doillon. Though it looked like it might sink into the most egregious clichés of talky French cinema, the film is an interesting behavioural study of two troubled people, each superbly acted.

14. oaiaferoce's rating of the film Love Battles

Erotic... sensual... sexual... carnal... passionate... lustful... boring... retarded... shit!

15. Vinegar Factory's rating of the film Love Battles

I do believe I have found one of my favourite films of all time. An absolutely stunner of a film. Dancers. Wrestlers. Fornicators. How I love French Cinema! The 2 actors are so immeasurably brave - I loved seeing all the bruises and scrapes that covered their bodies by the end of the film. Their chemistry (and trust as actors) is palpable and commendable.

16. Sidereus's rating of the film Love Battles

Mating dance with wrestling. But done with great actors

17. Jason's rating of the film Love Battles

Absolutely one of the most remarkable collaborations I have ever witnessed between a director and a pair of actors. In fact, sort of resembles some kind of extraordinary acting workshop. This exploration of a combative eros takes something from Maurice Pialat (a nuanced exploration of dynamic interpersonal encounters, often violent (or at very least volatile)). Performance totally divorced from cliché and inhibition.

18. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Love Battles

19. Sandralodia's rating of the film Love Battles

A pesar de ser desgastadora, creo que era el objetivo del director, sentir ese agotamiento que en algunas relaciones no es físico y que cuando se explora en este sentido, quizás afloran, más que otros sentimientos, sensaciones desgarradoras.

20. Absentia's rating of the film Love Battles

Erotic, sensual, sexual, carnal, passional, lustful, psychologic, bodily, loving...wow! That's incredible work!

21. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Love Battles

22. Jerzy Niera's rating of the film Love Battles

Quel dommage ! L'idée de fond est très intéressante, mais les dialogues, la mise en scène et la photographie exécrables. jacques Doillon est passé à côté d'une réussite d'une façon doucement fracassante.

23. Aaken's rating of the film Love Battles

Brilliant acting. The two performers (the word is a more accurate one than 'actor') throw themselves into the story with guts and gusto. The concept of the film may be interesting, but this battle becomes tiresome. Typical French atmosphere with lots of verbal jousting (some very good ones) and of course, lots of intellectualised sex, but ultimately failing to convince or ignite my interest.

24. simonadp's rating of the film Love Battles

the most beautiful thing that i found in this movie (interesting subject, interesting movie but... self-referent how to say...) was that a woman, watching it beside me in the cinema, started to cry. honestly, painfully.