1. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

2. thomasjeff16's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

3. riraru's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

Gerede stört mich nicht in Filmen, aber hier werden vor allem die Phantasien eines Lustmolchs ausgebreitet. Wenig sinnlich alles.

4. Elena's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

Suite des "Contes moraux" d'Eric Rohmer qui nous raconte la rencontre entre un jeune homme marié, bien dans sa vie avec une ancienne camarade perdue de vue qui tente de le séduire ..... www.cinefiches.com

6. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

7. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

Certainly not a favorite — and I’ve loved all the Rohmers I’ve seen — I still appreciate the love it has for sweaters, turtlenecks, cashmere shirts, etc. I think I was prepared to really not like it, but then dude hits us with that ending. Rohmer knows how to end a fucking movie!!

8. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

9. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

10. Sasha Gymnastique's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

11. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

Third revisit: It's hard to make an objective rating w/ a film which meant so much to me during my early years as a cinephile. And it's one which still greatly shakes me. But this third time around, I believe I can see its limitations more clearly, despite its awe-inspiring, nearly total sense of catharsis.

12. Iulia Nov's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

1,5 nu mai fuma atâta, fey, că faci cancer

13. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

The grand finale of Rohmer's Six Moral Tales: one of the best, the most direct, the most lively, the most engaging, the most rewarding. It also occurs to me that—unless I'm misremembering the previous five—this is the only one where the man opens up to his femme at the end instead of leaving his "epiphany" locked in voice-over. And in contrast to Rohmer's infamously urbane dialogue, he can hardly put it into words.

14. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

15. Aardsy's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

16. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

Eric Rohmer’s “Six Moral Tales” ends in the most beautiful, releasing moment in the entire series of films. It’s so powerful it feels inevitable, yet you don’t see it coming. Finally, after much trial, one of the director’s protagonists makes what, in my eyes, and his eyes, feels like a pure, true, and right decision. And yet I’m left with an aftertaste of unease and a worry of insincerity...

17. ammar's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

18. ehk2's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

goddamn those turtleneck sweaters!

19. Denis Zordan's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

20. choupinet's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

It really came through that Éric Rohmer had a great taste for writing and literature as well as his ability to reveal beauty in the small details. A stunning film.

21. quiteemotional's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

22. Renton47's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

This is a film about, I think, an ugly truth, that idealism means very little until held to the flame. As has been mentioned this is precisely interesting for forgoing infidelity (much like each moral tale) and captures the essence of doublethink which humans always rationalise. But really it's all about that ending, stark nakedness of ambition and intent, our flaws and goodness writ large.

23. yelloww's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon