1. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

2. Sasha Gymnastique's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

3. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

Third revisit: It's hard to make an objective rating w/ a film which meant so much to me during my early years as a cinephile. And it's one which still greatly shakes me. But this third time around, I believe I can see its limitations more clearly, despite its awe-inspiring, nearly total sense of catharsis.

4. Iulia Pîslaru's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

1,5 nu mai fuma atâta, fey, că faci cancer

5. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

The grand finale of Rohmer's Six Moral Tales: one of the best, the most direct, the most lively, the most engaging, the most rewarding. It also occurs to me that—unless I'm misremembering the previous five—this is the only one where the man opens up to his femme at the end instead of leaving his "epiphany" locked in voice-over. And in contrast to Rohmer's infamously urbane dialogue, he can hardly put it into words.

6. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

7. Aardsy's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

8. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

Eric Rohmer’s “Six Moral Tales” ends in the most beautiful, releasing moment in the entire series of films. It’s so powerful it feels inevitable, yet you don’t see it coming. Finally, after much trial, one of the director’s protagonists makes what, in my eyes, and his eyes, feels like a pure, true, and right decision. And yet I’m left with an aftertaste of unease and a worry of insincerity...

9. ammar's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

10. ehk2's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

goddamn those turtleneck sweaters!

11. Denis Zordan's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

12. choupinet's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

It really came through that Éric Rohmer had a great taste for writing and literature as well as his ability to reveal beauty in the small details. A stunning film.

13. quiteemotional's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

14. Renton47's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

This is a film about, I think, an ugly truth, that idealism means very little until held to the flame. As has been mentioned this is precisely interesting for forgoing infidelity (much like each moral tale) and captures the essence of doublethink which humans always rationalise. But really it's all about that ending, stark nakedness of ambition and intent, our flaws and goodness writ large.

15. yelloww's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

16. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

3.5 - dream sequence <3 great to see Rohmer show some humour on his film

17. anarresti's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

The perfect Rohmer companion for a double session with Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut".

18. José Neves's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

The moment of the dream-imagination, more properly rêverie, of the magnetic necklace with the various actresses-characters from the previous moralistes films is, and will always be, one of the most extraordinarily atypical moments of Rhomer's films, being, however, quite logical within his rambling and speculative organization of romantic. Almendros was the right accomplice for this (ir)realistic affective geometry.

19. Halil Küçükyıldız's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

This film makes think marriage, love, loyality. A flm that goes deep inside of human ideas and feelings into.

20. miles's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

I liked this, Gene Hackman said watching a Rohmer is like watching paint dry, well I like doing that to.

21. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

22. Domiziana's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

We're both screwed up. It creates a bond

23. crnstsc's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

3,5. "we're both screwed up. it creates a bond"

24. starless's rating of the film Love in the Afternoon

Prologue harikaydı, sanırım bu benim favori filmlerimden biri olacak diyerek izledim o 20 küsür dakikayı, filmin sonraki kısmı pek umduğum gibi ilerlemese de; 4/5

← Previous 1 3 4