1. João Valadão's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

Poor acting, poor screenplay, poor soundtrack. Just stick with the book.

2. Bandeira's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

O que acontece quando se aufere inspiração criativa de um putanheiro.

3. Ernesto Sá's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

This adaptation isn't even close to the original story. In spite of some good acting scenes, the english and spanish speaking by the actors annoyed me.

4. Sara Lucas's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

isto dublado em espanhol vira comédia

5. SiIencio's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

One has to admit that not all books can be successfully adapted to cinema. It is obvious from very early that the film is disjointed, has glaring holes and does not match the finesse of the original.

6. Lorena Brandão's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

7. Jose Munster's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

I love this book with all my heart. Gabo is by far my favorite author of all time, but I avoided this movie like the fucking plague.

8. Olufunlayo's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

Disjointed and fragmented film.

9. Daniele Ferrante's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

Giovanna Mezzogiorno Wood-like-actress Prize 2007

10. maddening cloud's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

As far as book adaptations go, this one might be the worst of all time.

11. gencorkun's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

It was almost painful to watch. I felt like a bunch of American film students came up together for a final assignment and this movie came out. I haven't actually read the actual novel but I bet this film can me named among the worst adaptations. If the movie was made in Spanish, it could have been slightly more watchable but no. Don't waste your time, go read the book. Your imagination will surely beat this crap.

12. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

It makes me so sick when the movies destroy the books. And songs by Shakira...really?

13. BC's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

God this was a bad film. I love it purely for it's production design. Seriously bad though and GGM is my favourite writer and Javier one of my favourite actors.

14. Andrés Baldíos's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

One of the worst films of this fucking decade. Absolutely bullshit. I horribly dislike García Márquez, but his work is good writing. But that's it! I think he's trying to show how good he writes more than telling me a great story. That's vanity, in my opinion. I prefer writers with attitude like Handke, Jelinek, Nabokov, Amis or Cormac McCarthy. . But returning to the movie... simply stupid and ridiculous!

15. MaríaPosse's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

16. Rafael Maroja Ihara's rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

Garcia Marquez is one of my favorite writers and Javier Barden is one of my favorite actors, but this movie is the biggest waste of talent I've ever seen.

17. micmac●'s rating of the film Love in the Time of Cholera

The book deserved a far better visual interpretation. This was just... awful.