1. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

Dark and intense, this is one of the best bio-films to incorporate the artist's processo into the diegesis: it's non stop chaos through 90 minutes. Maybury has a point of view as a storyteller - he wants us to dig deep together and the journey ends up to be as poetic as tragic - so beautiful because of its pain. This is bio-cinema with a touch of video art. I dig it.

2. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

amazing performance from derek

3. richardlawrn's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

the effects were a little off-putting, but in a strangely good way. impressive cinematography! the V.O during some scenes generated a creepy atmosphere revealing portions of his dark nature, holding a mirror up to us. anyway, I felt something missing... perhaps I was expecting to see more of his creative mind overflowing on canvas, don't know. bloody rough affair between alpha and beta.

4. aikeart's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

5. Joaquín Font's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

Poderoso. Love is the Devil.

6. Jorawantstoeat's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

Too much quibble with camera effects. One can feel how hard the makers tried to represent the way the painter saw the world. To my mind they failed though

7. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Love Is the Devil

8. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

seen it long ago. remembered it because i listened to this today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVZx2eFMUY

9. CRW's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

This film looks so good (aesthetically) I want to eat it. Something digital will never achieve!

10. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

The "Bacon-Filter" gets tired after 2 minutes.

11. arlinda's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

12. MATT's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

This film was intensity gratifying. One of the most bizarre biopics of a painter that I've ever seen

13. Ryan Lattanzio's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

For my money, this is the most exquisite and moving queer film out there since Jean Genet's "Un Chant d'Amor" — it's something like the best gay arthouse flick that David Lynch or Peter Greenaway never made.

14. ramosbarajas's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

There are several scenes that distort the characters, leaving them half out of focus and giving off a general sense of grotesqueness. These scenes recall many of Bacon's paintings, and make the film very onteresting visually. The experimentalism of the film pays off and we end with a very personal and at times tender portrayal of the characters.

15. Nicole Elmer's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

16. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

A flinty, trapped nerve of a film. Generally satisfying, told in an abstracted manner parallel to the subject's own style, full of hard edges and emotional masochism. Jacobi is a studied triumph.

17. Lucille's rating of the film Love Is the Devil

One of the scenes that stuck out the most for me, was the scenes in the bar, which were shot through colourless bottles, which almost imitated Bacon's work. & Daniel Craig's nudity in the bath