1. Walker's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

A strong early sound musical which brims with a sense of possibility and invention. Would a film this ebulliently creative be released today? I say it is unlikely. A giddy delight.

2. Diderot's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

I still prefer the Lubitsch pairings of Chevalier and MacDonald, but this musical comedy by Mamoulian is one of most charming movies Hollywood ever imagined.

3. whimsicalmelancholy's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

not a big fan of fairy tale musical

4. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

No es una gran historia de amor, pero sí hecho con ciertos encantos. Me atrae mucho cómo Mamoulian inicia este musical, primero con mutismo y luego sumando sonidos, ruidos. Es una musicalización diegética. Es como una clase maestra sobre la composición del sonido y la música. El filme también tiene una postura de lo musical distinto a lo glamoroso. Es el antes de ser baile y coreografía. Es un director muy singular.

5. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

a tailor-made Prince Charming.

6. smndvdcl's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

A pioneering exploration of sound in relation to semantics. At the dawn of talkies, Mamoulian was one of the few directors challenging sonic literalness and maintaining an aesthetic to match sight and sound in order to create a depth of meaning. Sound as a connecting metaphor for travel, action and the substitution between real and metaphorical sound is ahead of its time.

7. egg emoji's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

the dialogue 30 minutes in <3 and then the song aaaah "mimi you make me sad and dreamy" also very much like me at the club

8. alice's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

Anche se mal sopporto i film musicali, di questo non ho potuto fare a meno di apprezzare il sarcasmo, il garbo e l'audacia.

9. Log Lady's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

Chevalier really grates on me for some reason, and I wasn't particularly impressed with the songs either, but there are some fine examples of editing. The same song continuing from scene to scene was pretty groundbreaking.

10. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

One oh those rare films where audacious experimentalism collides with solid classicism. The scene in which Chevalier takes MacDonald's measurements is one of those Hollywood telling all without saying a thing moments.

11. Christopher Taylor's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

I'm a sucker for old pre-code song and dance movies. This one doesn't disappoint, and even offers some unique cinematic flourishes that have been adopted into the common vernacular of filmmaking. It's just a feel good kind of movie with the sound quality and soft black and white photography that just feels to me like coming home.

12. nein's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

rytm, piosenki i krytyka hipokryzji, mamoulian dorównuje lubitschowi w humorze i przewyższa większość w musicalowej konwencji, taka prawda.

13. Kyle Walker's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

Currently watching this film for my Hollywood Musicals class. It is really really really well done for a film made in 1932. Classic story of poor-guy falls in love with rich-girl.

14. Sabrina Crews's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

♫ The son of a gun's a tailor! ♫

15. Erik Gregersen's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

16. Jack Lineman's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

I was surprised at how honest Chevalier seemed in some scenes he was really great.

17. willmckinley's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

From the brilliant "Song of Paree" opening, to one of the great happy endings in film, LOVE ME TONIGHT (1932) is a delight. Randy Parisian tailor Maurice Chevalier masquerades as a nobleman & falls for icy young princess Jeanette MacDonald, to the tune of 9 original songs by Rogers & Hart, including "Isn't It Romantic?" Dream supporting cast w/ Myrna Loy, Charles Butterworth, Charles Ruggles. Must see. (9/24/11 TCM)

18. MarcH's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

So wild and inventive. Other pre-1932 musicals make this look like Star Wars.

19. Cashew's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

Fun, but not as much as I was hoping - there are moments when the misogyny overwhelms the humor and makes the film drag.

20. Nancarrow's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

Such a wonderful film. I greatly admire that this was made in '32. Superb.

21. Roscoe's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

Great fun, even if it is virtually impossible to understand why any man would choose Jeanette McDonald over Myrna Loy.

22. Jonuk Who's rating of the film Love Me Tonight

I love this musical, as fresh today as the day it was made!