1. Paul Rot's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

We can't see it in Argentina. Fuck you, MUBI. Your end is near.

2. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

Another slice of dreamy brilliance from Raul Ruiz, Love Torn In A Dream is a blend of numerous tales that intersect one another and play around with identity, philosophies, and much more. Let it wash over you and you will find a lot to enjoy.

3. Diderot's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

Ruiz is one of the few true radicals of the major cinematic talents, from which it follows that knowledge of his films is inversely proportionate to knowledge of his name. In this film, he employs a playfulness of associative narrative that approaches the experience of dreams.

4. Superfrog's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

Hypersteuctured Delirium is an exquisitely hard form to sustain for 2 hours. Ruiz here fails but delivers great dialogues and situations which sadly fail to mesh together convincingly. Still relatively high score for all the good cinema moments peppered around.

5. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

6. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

Watching this is like sitting in an empty, opulent Mediterranean church: it's relaxing and pleasant while at the same time you feel a kind of heavy 'gulf' between you and the past.

7. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

2-3. In a nutshell, the main character is plunged into confusion right before he dies. He interacts with a lot of abstractions of concepts and hears ideas about God, free will, predestination, identity, and perception. But he ultimately never really comes to a clean-cut conclusion, seemingly content to chase the phantasmagorical image of his dead love interest. It's evocative and fun, but lacks concrete action.

8. giokila's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

Mesmerising! It felt like a peaceful dream. So many little stories but it never felt like there was a break in the sequence.

9. koolacct's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

lovely lovely attention and playful approach to philosophy & belief throughout, with nice symbolic motifs & a dependable, familiar-yet-ever-changing scenery ("are you a doctor?" "[visceral scream]")

10. pacific231's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

11. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

I'm going to state the obvious here: Ruiz confounds and defies cinema like no other. Perhaps the most insatiable imagination I've ever encountered. 4+

12. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

Combinatory narratives intersect in mathematical configurations. Very creative as usual, with lots of humor. Lucretia: "I know the ins and outs of erotic pleasure better than anyone. Really I'm being remiss in my duty of modesty, because my friend Laura knows a lot of things that I don't. She can make you have an orgasm from a distance." Which I think would make a great super power.

13. Nachtreich's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

14. kartina obskura's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

15. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

Over the top surrealism, but that's why it's awesome - an attempt to take it as far out as possible.

16. David Grillo's rating of the film Love Torn in a Dream

Correspondance and Representation as in a dream a direct line to cinema cinema's direct line to us.