1. Egoisms's rating of the film Loving Vincent

The script is atrocious & it ruins the film. I fell asleep. My friend fell asleep. Two girls I talked to afterwards had fallen asleep. The script reads as a perverse attempt to "save" van Gogh from the iniquity of suicide. Recent scholarship strongly suggests that Vincent didn't shoot himself. This film seeks to rehabilitate Vincent from the sin of suicide, & in this negative emphasis says little positive about him.

2. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film Loving Vincent

I did not like the story here...but obviously visually stunning...

3. aliasgenius's rating of the film Loving Vincent

I want to touch people with my art. I want them to say 'he feels deeply, he feels tenderly'.

4. EdieEmm's rating of the film Loving Vincent

Landmark animation; and I eventually understood, partway through, that they'd been clever after all in their choice of narrative structure; over-simple at first, but paced like a noir, hypnotic over time & compelling, like the visuals, so you can't but get absorbed. An art story for - everyone - but esp. for artists - affirming/darkly romantic. (Need that sometimes!) Also truly next level (visual) sensory engagement.

5. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Loving Vincent

Watching this, I almost forgot every frame is hand-painted by artists! The ultimate homage through vibrant mark making, meticulous post-impressionist studies that paints a portrait of the beloved Vincent Van Gogh.

6. Artemis's rating of the film Loving Vincent

While the plot itself is slightly unfocussed, it comes together beautifully at the end, and the art direction more than makes up for it in what could not be a more loving tribute to one of the most masterful artists in history.

7. msmichel's rating of the film Loving Vincent

The animation may be inspired (hand drawn by over 100 animators) but the storyline is underdeveloped and becomes tedious. A shame for the Van Gogh inspired animation is often breathtaking.

8. Pango's rating of the film Loving Vincent

As a painter and animator myself, I can say with no doubts that this is one of the most incredible achievement in the history of cinema. Great homage to a great artist.

9. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Loving Vincent

If being a mark on animation isn't enough, Loving Vincent keeps the balance of telling an interesting (almost crime fiction) story while being visualy mesmerizing, whose layers of paint still preserve the all-star cast who portraits these characters. Definitely a piece of art that lives up to Van Gogh's work.

10. Gabriella F's rating of the film Loving Vincent

The work they put into this was totally worth it.

11. Miguel Antunes's rating of the film Loving Vincent

Fundamental. I was all tears though

12. Blue Roses's rating of the film Loving Vincent

13. Jason's rating of the film Loving Vincent

Just so happens that Vincent van Gogh and his last days mean a tremendous amount to me, so I am in a sense the ideal audience for LOVING VINCENT, which is inarguably a sensational psychotropic visual experience along w/ being a deftly-conceived CITIZEN KANE-style recursive investigation narrative. I like the idea that Vincent himself is a true event: the world he left behind was newly vision'd in his stead.

14. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Loving Vincent

La mole di lavoro necessaria per la realizzazione di questo gran progetto è paragonabile solo alla grandiosità della brillante trovata che ha dato origine allo stesso. Geniale. La fase narrativa non è impeccabile, ma decisamente superiore alla media dei solitamente fallimentari biopic, mentre l'aspetto estetico è qualcosa di magico, indescrivibile e, senza ombra di dubbio, mai visto prima. Una gioia per gli occhi.

15. Beatriz Menezes Castro's rating of the film Loving Vincent

16. Robert H's rating of the film Loving Vincent

I had high expectations for this film after discovering the care and attention put into each frame of the trailer. And it was only as the credits played that I noticed I had been mesmerised throughout! A breathtakingly detailed and riveting portrayal of the final stage of Van Gough's life, told wonderfully through the eyes of various characters, all of course based on the sketches and paintings of the artist himself.

17. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film Loving Vincent

Non avevo mai visto una cosa simile, un film completamente dipinto, un lavoro spettacolare, pura arte e pura magia. I quadri di Van Gogh prendono vita, un'idea assolutamente originale che racconta la storia di un artista incompreso, come tutti gli artisti. La storia è forse un po' lenta, poteva essere scritta in modo diverso, ma l'ho guardato, anzi ammirato, volentieri, proprio come si osserva un quadro ad una mostra

18. Jazmina's rating of the film Loving Vincent

First fully painted feature movie. I especially like the way they made this movie, all his paintings was alive. Wishing to see more movies in this style.

19. luminous's rating of the film Loving Vincent

I need a second watching, because the visuals and the music are so overwhelming that I simply cannot think straight :))

20. bucharestaesthetics's rating of the film Loving Vincent

3.5/5 Anim’est 12 Visually stunning but follows the aesthetic beauty concept to a point where it exclusively focuses on the visuals and lacks a similar quality in script, dialogue and screenwriting.

21. Cody Hoskins's rating of the film Loving Vincent

A gorgeously abstract journey into the mind of a tormented artist and the lives he's affected after the end of his life that is captured in the film's somber and eloquent reconstruction of Van Gogh's artwork through the stunning animated technique that has been unwitnessed throughout film history.