1. Alex's rating of the film Lucifer

2. El Biffo's rating of the film Lucifer

Most films are a rectangle but this one is a circle.

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Lucifer

4. mciszczon's rating of the film Lucifer

5. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Lucifer

Although the circular framing and spiral effects create shots of real beauty, reminiscent of Renaissance painting, this did not compensate for a viewing experience which I found awkward and stilted. Likewise, the occasional moments of charm were too few and far between. Laudably experimental and hinting at interesting religious and social themes but for me it was an insufficiently coherent piece.

6. Alex Hall's rating of the film Lucifer

Possibly one of the most beautiful films I have seen. The format works so well, and each scene is composed beautifully for the circle, and gives the effect of looking through into another world, through a hole cut into a hood...

7. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film Lucifer

The terrifying simplicity of the perfect circle of life. Stabbing at heaven the rocket symbolises our short lived hopes. 'And they made a tower to reach to the heavens and the gods said look they will compare themselves to us and they made their speech as a babble so that they were in confusion and they went to their different courses,

8. SMCC100's rating of the film Lucifer

9. Javier Toloza's rating of the film Lucifer

This short fable, which resembles a medieval painting, full of symbols and naked from irrelevant elements, reconciles me with the essence of the authentic art.

10. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Lucifer

11. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Lucifer

Composition in a circular canvas is a different ballgame, and this film excels in using it to expose a provocative take on rural catholic beliefs. Really nice!

12. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Lucifer

I really enjoyed this. Rural Mexico is a great setting, good countryside, a volcano and some lovely dresses and cool ponchos. Some funny moments, particularly near the beginning. The round viewing device worked well, focussing your attention and framing the shots effectively. The story meandered a little, particularly towards the end, but overall it was well worth watching.

13. The Heff's rating of the film Lucifer

I found this a very difficult watch...I liked the idea of the 'fish hole' camera view but in the end it really marred my watching experience...I also found the story quite slow, however, I am all for experimental film making and will give everything a fair watch.

14. raggiodisole's rating of the film Lucifer

How to rate this? nominally we have a story, and it weaves social mores and religion in a typically Mexican way, weaving the mystical into the blend. But the filmic device adds an odder, warmer feel that would otherwise be missing

15. Alex Thomas's rating of the film Lucifer

Incredible cinematography. Some moments are less engaging - being distanced from the content anyway through the circular aspect ratio, but a solid film nonetheless. Highly recommended!

16. Real_Stephanie's rating of the film Lucifer

I absolutely loved this - each scene is framed as if it were a Renaissance painting. The story is also beautifully told. Recommended.

17. Animalia's rating of the film Lucifer

18. GoSpeedGo!'s rating of the film Lucifer

I know the Tondoscope thing isn't quite a game changer or anything, but it's still kind of fascinating. Even more so because the circle format constantly makes you aware you're watching a film, which adds an interesting perspective to such spiritual matter. No wonder this is a final piece in a trilogy about the arising of human consciousness.

19. paxy's rating of the film Lucifer