1. Pechorin84's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

What an amazing short movie about breaking the routine and gaining control of life even at an elderly stage.

2. PFL's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

"Luisa is not home" is pleasingly lit, written and performed. The editing is also effective - the brevity of each scene keeping it ticking along nicely - although I couldn't help feeling that the film needs more time in order to develop. A diverting miniature nonetheless.

3. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

never too late to stand against patriarchy

4. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

Pure and subtle. Daily life of an elderly couple yet from a woman's perspective; and therefore, sensitive to the universal problem of women's subordination.

5. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

6. Imago Vanitas's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

Breve y sostenido. La microepopeya del viaje interior de una mujer ya anciana, hacia la verdad de un sufrir en lo cotidiano. La angustia de un lugar censurado. El brio en el soplo de un ser ajeno. La otra volviendo a ser yo. Consecuencias del tambor que no rotará indefinidamente sobre sí mismo, sin sentir la fricción de una voluntad centrífuga. Cerrar la puerta, articular la fuga. Bello, preciso, honesto y sentido.

7. ruzica's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

Simple and unpretentious. I watched it in the morning and some pictures stayed with me whole day through. Shows how barriers are only in our minds and there is no appropriate age to rebel. And I think it's our moral duty to fight assholes who impose psychological domination on us.

8. OSCARDHD's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

9. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

Learning to appreciate the fine art of the short film has been one of my favorite benefits of joining Mubi. This one here by Celia Clavellino is a quiet gem. The cinematography works seamlessly to evoke the film's theme of domestic oppression, creating an aesthetic that makes its point more provocatively than any amount of clever, chatty dialogue could have possibly accomplished. A fine work. Touche.

10. Jadis's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

enfin un bon 'tit film féministe!

11. Sin título.'s rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

Un ensayo fílmico que aborda el reclamo de la individualidad en las mujeres durante la adultez tardía. Extremadamente simple, con un montaje excelente y una interpretación entrañable de Asunción Balaguer.

12. Jorge Villanova's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

lugar común, perfectamente dirigido

13. Alanis_Zarah's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

Captura con belleza ese instante en que se rompe el lazo invisible que ata a muchas mujeres a ser casi un objeto.

14. Pavel's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

15. Federico Sebastian's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

16. Charlie's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

Impresionante todo lo que se puede expresar en sólo 19 minutos. Una fuerte historia que me dolió ver y que también recomiendo. Sí, vale la pena verla.

17. Leco's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

Beautifully shot, really engaging short. I'd watch more of Luisa's story, definitely. I'll keep my eyes open for Celia Rico Clavellino!

18. manufn's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

stunning photography and great short story

19. kpuljek's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

20. Ícaro Drasan's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

nunca é tarde demais para se empoderar, miga

21. Bilan's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

22. Alicia Lissidini's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

23. EdieEmm's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

Bleak and affecting depiction of disenfranchisement, dignity, and quiet resistance. Sensitively shot and full of understated grace. Also depressing as hell.

24. Abel Gauthier's rating of the film Luisa Is Not Home

Simple, effective, beautiful, incredibly sad and heartbreaking.

← Previous 1 3 4