1. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Lumumba

Peck's documentary on Lumumba back in the 70's consisted of gaps. The information he had on the situation then was fragmented and he conveyed this through making us feel these gaps. This "fiction" films seems to be very vocal about what happened to Lumumba. It is a true, and in my mind honest, depiction on a true African hero, Patrice Lumumba.

2. josh scam's rating of the film Lumumba

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Lumumba

4. Ivo Alexandre's rating of the film Lumumba

Les acteurs sont très bons et le film, bien qu'émouvant par moments, pèche par une mise en scène lisse, trop académique, qui dénote totalement avec l'histoire chaotique de la décolonialisation du Congo.

5. dschank's rating of the film Lumumba

a straight biopic minus the generic plot points. lumumba faces no freudian conflicts with his parents or whatever, and his revolutionary idealism remains unpolluted to the bitter end. instead, expect the myriad complications surrounding colonial independence - regional conflicts, racial resentments, cold war opportunism. lumumba is asleep at his desk during the coup d'etat; you'll come to understand his exhaustion.

6. Knut Morte's rating of the film Lumumba

The reason the world is fucked up is because the good people keep getting killed and the bad mother fuckers keep living, It's A Wonderful Life in reality would of ended with him jumping off that bridge.

7. Kyle Lewis's rating of the film Lumumba

Well directed with a strong central performance from Eriq Ebouaney. This being my first Roal Peck film, I'm more intrigued to look into his catalogue. The film is up their with Spike Lee's Malcolm X in terms of quality biopics by black filmmakers.

8. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film Lumumba

Eriq Ebouaney is stellar, and the film is compelling if at war with itself.

9. Nikyatu's rating of the film Lumumba

I tried so hard to like it. Zzzzzzzz