1. Tadzio Bonaparte's rating of the film Lured

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Lured

It wasn't lurid at all! Karloff is a hoot. Big fan of Lucy, but only in the movies. The reason I watched it was for Sanders, who is a self-described cad. Nice early work from Sirk.

3. Diderot's rating of the film Lured

A mildly pleasant murder mystery-comedy with a delightful central performance from Lucille Ball, but negligible in the body of Sirk's films.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Lured

D'après l'affaire Weidmann, qui défraya la chronique judiciaire française (1937) une oeuvre sympathique, aux moult fausses pistes qui se regarde sans déplaisir... www.cinefiches.com

5. SpacePirate's rating of the film Lured

A very serviceable little murder mystery with some noir touches. Starts out excellent. Sanders is his usual suave ladykiller self, Ball excels given some good zingers that foreshadow her 50s success, Coburn provides his usual solid support, and Karloff makes one hell of a cameo. Unfortunately, the last 1/2 hr is quite heavy handed and dull, preventing this one from reaching classic status. For what it is, 3-3.5 stars

6. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film Lured

While the light directorial touch of Douglas Sirk and some of the plot contrivances take this film out of the classic film noir genre, this is a very watchable movie with a fabulous cameo from Boris Karloff. George Sanders and Lucille Ball are both in top form here too.

7. Scotch's rating of the film Lured

I finally get why Lucille Ball is so great, but I was also disappointed with dear Douglas' early serial killer murder mystery romance comedy (I should have known!). What a bore of a last 45 minutes and boy did Lucille's character transform from a witty secret agent to a helpless damsel. If anyone remakes this, just do a series of Craigslist hook-up seekers like ole Boris Karloff's madman fashion queen.

8. mjgildea's rating of the film Lured

2 1/2 out of 5 stars. Not enough Sirkness for me, Lured is just a murder mystery remake with an impressive cast. George Sanders was his enjoyably imposing self, but for as much as Lucille Ball stole the show, Boris Karloff in that minor role was pretty entertaining. The final half hour spent trying to clear Sanders made me feel like I was eating air for dinner but overall Lured isn't bad, its just not that great.