1. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Lust for Life

4.5 Paul Gauguin: With all your talk of emotion, all I see when I look at your work is just that you paint too fast! Vincent Van Gogh: You look too fast!

2. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Lust for Life

3. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Lust for Life

I don't know about true Van Gogh - but it's true Kirk, true lust, true life.

4. JD Tastad's rating of the film Lust for Life

oh what do you know about living in turbulent indigo

5. petit astronaute's rating of the film Lust for Life

6. opandadodavid's rating of the film Lust for Life

7. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Lust for Life

8. elif jazel's rating of the film Lust for Life

great biographical film. but Kirk Douglas' acting seems a little overboard to me.

9. killgill's rating of the film Lust for Life

boring and renewed my hatred for gaugin, the guy that plays theo is the only one who gets that acting does require some level of nuance

10. SpacePirate's rating of the film Lust for Life

Douglas gives one of his finest performances. Is he over the top at times? Yep but thats his style, so you know to expect that going in. This ranks up there with his work in Ace In The Hole and Detective Story. Great color usage, but wish it was filmed in Technicolor instead, as some of the scenes were a bit washed out. Interesting biopic. Biopics are hit and miss with me. I'd recommend this one

11. Aardsy's rating of the film Lust for Life

Dull... but with vivid color!

12. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Lust for Life

13. Chichago_'s rating of the film Lust for Life

Thanks to the beautiful (real) paintings in this film, I can still give three stars instead of only two.

14. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Lust for Life

"Bad and the Beautiful explicity makes of filmmaking an artistic, passionaite, soul-crushing labor." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2014/09/episode-29-vincente-minnelli-melodramas.html

15. peaches and plums's rating of the film Lust for Life

im in a cage of shame and self-doubt and failure somebody believe me im in a cage im alone im frightened

16. MS1915's rating of the film Lust for Life

Contrary to what others may think, I actually praise Kirk Douglas' portrayal as the maddening Vincent Van Gogh as the highlight of the film. This, coupled with the beautiful landscapes, settings, and atmosphere made for a really inspiring film. And there aren't too many of those nowadays...it was the kind of film that made me want to pick up a brush. I felt it dragged and started rough, but otherwise great.

17. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Lust for Life

***1/2 Much beauty, too many overwritten/overacted bits. Docked 1/2 for the bizarre, needlessly distracting use of a disembodied British voice -- clearly neither Douglas's nor his character's -- to read/narrate Vincent's letters to Theo.

18. _OOO_'s rating of the film Lust for Life

19. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Lust for Life

'50s period pieces are always a gamble, this one didn't do it for me.

20. Vera Sophia's rating of the film Lust for Life

"The leaves if they were the only things in sight they would have one color, their own. But the shades and reflection of everything around, the sky, the earth, the water, give them more than their own color."

21. nejurgi's rating of the film Lust for Life

i don't know if the acting is overdone or is it just how cinema was in 1956

22. José Neves's rating of the film Lust for Life

Cinematography by Freddie Young and Russell Harlan.

23. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film Lust for Life

sharing music rather than writing something https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bx-KWrVP70

24. Ben Bosko's rating of the film Lust for Life

so much of life is wasted in loneliness