1. vecterpls's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Nice little film, definitely has its moments like Jour de Fete.

2. fane2808's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

The chaotic life of summer holidays made even more chaos-prone by the presence of Mr. Hulot. His good intentions and his goofy demeanour are an impersonation of life both simple and complicated. The true charm of Tati movies is that you don't need conversation to have a really good time. Most of the action is happening off-focus and off-centre, but this is what makes it and the movies so endearing. I <3 Tati!

3. Andreea's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Not as fun as I expected it to be, somewhat slow at times, but also relaxing.

4. saitosouta's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

3.5 This idyllic world, which' s constructed by an optimistic perfectionist's persnickety thoroughness, is full of guileless and ludicrous laughs, whereas, behind it, there is unearthly fastidiousness and ginormous megalomania, tranquilly bursting in cozy sunlight. His aberrant madness for completion of laugh makes me flabbergasted but not for me because it's too sketchy to weave a coherent story.

5. parampalsingh's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

In an overly cerebral world (2019), this film was a refreshing vacation. Escape with it, with Hulot! Tati uses the same music to convey joy, playfulness and even sadness. What an agile storyteller he is!

6. mmassias's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

7. Jorge Luis Nieto Farías's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

es un cinta dulce hecha con precisión y sin una historia, se presenta como una serie de postales;el Sr. Hulot buscando pasar un buen rato y a la par sus congéneres reproducen con persistencia sus comportamientos citadinos como si estuvieran imposibilitados para disfrutar, destaca la escena del baile de máscara donde Hulot bailar con Martine mientras el resto de bañistas se obnubilan escuchando un discurso político

8. fgonzalezse's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

9. Trinankur Banerjee's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

If Jour de Fete was Tati tickling the funny bones, this is an onslaught on the senses. Surely inspired by Keaton, Mr. Hulot is composed like a music, with its arpeggio, staccato and the crescendo of the last 20 odd minutes. One of the great masters of updating the gags of Early Cinema, the final explosion of Mr. Hulot is almost metonymic of each frame exploding with action, barely able to contain the comic excess.

10. iuryperes's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Os grandes mestres do humor, entre eles Chaplin, Keaton, Bolaños e também Tati, não subvertem as tristezas do mundo em prol de uma visão deturpada e cínica do que é engraçado. Eles as incorporam em seus mundos de forma integral, achando ali não a graça por si só, mas uma graciosidade exuberante no movimento e na intenção, tudo em ações que facilmente enchem os olhos.

11. spacelime's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

12. Henk Lamers's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Final score: 6. Storyline: 6, Originality: 7, Cinematography: 7, Involvement: 5, Sound: 6, Editing: 6, Educational: 6, Title design: 6, Acting: 6, Interesting: 6, Unusual: 7, Exciting: 5, Superior: 6

13. Richmond Hill's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Charmingly benign, if elongated, sequence of sight gags which stands or falls with M.Hulot. It stands, but is perhaps too languorous to elicit outright laughter just inward nods and appreciation at the invention and skill of the enterprise; but a sequence not a whole it remains.

14. CafeGradiva's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

15. angeldromero's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

This film introduces the character of Monsieur Hulot that will be present in many of Tati's film. This is visual comedy at its finest. Tati's sensibility for sounds and gags that flow seamlessly to the next one are my favorite thing in this film. Lovely from beginning to end.

16. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

The opening scene with the fat sleepy dog in the middle of the road is so freakin' adorable. This is my first Tati film and I enjoyed its meandering playfulness. I laughed throughout and loved the beautiful scenery. It's very calming with its jazz soundtrack and easygoing buffoonery. Though tramp stories like those of Keaton and Chaplin are easy comparisons, I also saw its kinship with the carnivalesque of Fellini.

17. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Believe it or not, my first and only Tati so far. What is there to be said? More subtle and "bland" than I thought it would be, but these are not negative qualities, necessarily.

18. MarcusArcus's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

19. aurkihnowe's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

4 1/2 stars...tati tones down the slapstick of his early shorts and his first film (jour de fete) to give us what Terry Palin called "humor that can be beautiful"...the joke shots and sound gags are often so subtle that they often verge on poetically sublime...bonus, i'm moving to the Oregon Coast next year, and the shots of the ocean were a great touch,

20. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

21. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/07/20/hulot-jacques-tati/

22. Elephants Gerald's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

23. pluviosity's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Genius. However, perhaps it would worked better as separate sketches, for I always lost my patience waiting for the next joke. The characters live, but the story was almost non-existent.

24. João Martins's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Mr. Hulot - played by Jacques Tati himself - makes everything more fun just by his life attitude. He founds himself in the middle of his own mess. This film proves, more than ever, that a comedy doesn't have to stupidity the viewers. PS.: Any Charlie Chaplin similarity is pure coincidence.

← Previous 1 3 4