1. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

2. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/07/20/hulot-jacques-tati/

3. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

4. pluviosity's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Genius. However, perhaps it would worked better as separate sketches, for I always lost my patience waiting for the next joke. The characters live, but the story was almost non-existent.

5. João Martins's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Mr. Hulot - played by Jacques Tati himself - makes everything more fun just by his life attitude. He founds himself in the middle of his own mess. This film proves, more than ever, that a comedy doesn't have to stupidity the viewers. PS.: Any Charlie Chaplin similarity is pure coincidence.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Un petit chef-d'oeuvre d'humour et d'observation qui croque avec délice et délicatesse les us et coutumes de quelques aoûtiens typiques. Plusieurs scènes inoubliables et anthologiques : Hulot repeignant son bateau, la partie de tennis et celle de ping-pong, le jeu de cartes et ses conséquences, et bien sûr le feu d'artifice final. En prime, une superbe bande-son d'une qualité exceptionnelle... www.cinefiches.com

7. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

90 minuti di sano divertimento

8. Chearth's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

9. truffraud's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

a light comedy. tati takes his sweet time revealing his characters. m. hulot is the original mr. bean.

10. Chris's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

it's like a better, more french version of mr bean, but i don't find mr bean very funny so that isnt saying much... still pretty good 7/10

11. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

12. miles's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

rowan atkinson saw this a few times...

13. Diana Vaz's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

I am still waiting for a movie as funny and cute as "Mon Oncle".

14. Bilouaustria's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

I remember i used to go there every summer as a kid and stay at the hôtel de la plage. And every time my stepfather would tell me again the story "this is where Tati shot Monsieur Hulot !". Fine old school comedy with, as always with Tati, a remarkable sound editing. His trademark !

15. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

16. Egoisms's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

The addition of the shark canoe scene over 20 years after initial release was an unusually bad decision for Tati. It is completely incongruous. Stephane Goudet observed that the laughter of children loops throughout the many beach scenes, whereas the scenes with adults are often silent. Andre Bazin connected this silence to the melancholy ending. Superbly technical, endlessly endearing, hilariously funny!

17. patríciapinho's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

was this funny? no. breathtakingly beautiful? yes

18. James Mackin's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

The first of Tati's timeless triumphs.

19. tintinmugshot's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Mr. Hulot's had better days. No great sketches, the only good one is the tennis. It's anarchism in a bad sense, stupidity at all, people trying to make sound all the time in a movie full of voices and no one, no one speaks. I think that's the reason why Tati reedited this through the years. He had an itchy on this one.

20. Renton47's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

I don't find Hulot especially funny. Maybe it's the way Tati loads the frame and I sometimes miss the joke because I don't know where to look. That might appeal to others, but it also feeds into the fact that there is no build to the humour, it happens spontaneously with characters who aren't developed and don't speak. I am still waiting for the "click" but in the meantime I will stick to narrative driven humour.

21. Stefan Drees's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

The laconic humuor of this film makes Tati's work timeless. Also his work with sounds and language is remarkable: The real means to tell the story are the carefully arranged sounds - the whole film is a sound collage. In contrast the first real spoken words are uttered after 11 minutes, but the people mostly use formulas of everyday communication without real content.

22. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

23. SpacePirate's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday

Tati's funniest Hulot film, the character was never more the focus than here.

24. RoRoRoro's rating of the film M. Hulot's Holiday