1. maurino's rating of the film Maborosi

2. rksw's rating of the film Maborosi

so lonely it actually hurts

3. Sơn Phước's rating of the film Maborosi

2.5. Death haunts the woman.

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Maborosi

5. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Maborosi

6. MisterColo93's rating of the film Maborosi

7. irzan hakim's rating of the film Maborosi

8. Erik F.'s rating of the film Maborosi

9. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Maborosi

7.3/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3ck

10. Des Horne's rating of the film Maborosi

Such an unusual and surprising debut. The way narrative time functions is really quite unstable throughout much of the film; the audience bears witness to the grief process of the protagonist as she endures a haze of confusing and devastating memories.

11. Arisu's rating of the film Maborosi

what a beautiful contemplative cinema

12. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Maborosi

Kore-Eda is a magic realist of sorts: his utterances of the everyday can cast an entrancing spell, but its a precarious one, porcelain, apt to shatter and reform multiple times across a movie. In those moments, it is transportive, but outside of them I felt kept outside the characters.

13. FISCHER's rating of the film Maborosi

Etonnant et séduisant ! www.cinefiches.com

14. Kelley Dong's rating of the film Maborosi

love the light coming into dark rooms, sometimes people turn away, sometimes they turn to face it and eventually walk outside

15. Anastasija Mass's rating of the film Maborosi

Crazy beautiful, quiet, serene and all that >>> and the story is there... then the quietness steps to the front so much that it fails to be sort of humble and be the carrier of the pain of the main character. The film is packed with gems though and it did Japan my soul.

16. jonijtr's rating of the film Maborosi

A melancholic yet devastating film, that shown in the most beautiful, poetic way

17. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Maborosi

[More like 4.5] Although some scenes might be a bit too long – yet bound to picture's message – the movie itself is outstanding: Kore-Eda used cinematography and music to create the perfect atmosphere to tell the story of how people can be lost in their thoughts regarding the human condition, and how such thoughts aren't always to be avoided. It's an excellent mixture of 80s elements and social traits of Japan.

18. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Maborosi

One of the most underrated japanese film & one of the most beautiful film ever. Absolutely heartbreaking film...

19. CinemaHouse Productions's rating of the film Maborosi

A story about the inability of a single woman, let alone mother, to express her guilt and melancholia for losing the people she had once loved. Extremely adept at immediately creating a tone of quiet sorrow. A magic realist intake with themes like the "will o’ the wisps" and psychological escapism through naturalism and the Japanese countryside. A beautiful piece of art. Hirokazu Kore-eda is Yasujiro Ozu's legacy.

20. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Maborosi

Nothing else I've seen by this director is anywhere near as good.

21. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Maborosi

nobody knows the sea better than she does

22. narcekirdegi's rating of the film Maborosi

personally, i didnt identify myself with the main character but the film is purely takes you to its world. especially music is georgeus. worths watching

23. Lthm2's rating of the film Maborosi

Slowest movie I've ever seen but never forgot it.

24. chewari's rating of the film Maborosi

it is not easy to leave the things in the past. There always are questions from our past and we can not find answers every time. It is good to see little children in this movies . They show the happy side of life.