1. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Macbeth

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/08/20/macbeth-orson-welles/

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Macbeth

SHAKESPEARE revisité par WELLES : Parfait ! www.cinefiches.com

3. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Macbeth

4. ermete polpette's rating of the film Macbeth

5. Shea Hennum's rating of the film Macbeth

There is some great chiaroscuro in this, but the long takes, static long + mid shots, minimalist set design, and broad expressiveness of the performances make it feel theatrical rather than filmic.

6. alice's rating of the film Macbeth

Negli occhi di Wells ho visto passare molti sentimenti (la paura su tutti).

7. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Macbeth

3.5 stars. Amazing and flawed, particularly by the thick Scottish accents which makes some of the poetry hard to understand. However it is visually and aurally stunning.

8. melis.'s rating of the film Macbeth

9. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Macbeth

10. Chris_Parker's rating of the film Macbeth

Tedious & uninspired. An intolerably dull adaptation of the bard's masterwork.

11. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Macbeth

3.5. The last part is too long, too much exaggerated, I get why, and i usually like theatrical movies, but this time it annoyed me

12. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Macbeth

13. nein's rating of the film Macbeth

I really don't like Orson.

14. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Macbeth

Versión expresionista la de Welles que revitaliza los conflictos internos de un noble caballero. "Macbeth" es la historia de un hombre que transita de la honestidad a la ambición, de la culpa a la perversión, y finalmente cae presa de la locura. El poder visual es el espíritu de esta película sobre mentes que dudan (picados) y mentes que conspiran (contrapicados). Mientas tanto, las luces y la sombras crean dualidad.

15. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Macbeth

A pesar de las limitaciones presupuestarias, Orson Welles se las arregla a punta de talento y los arrebatadores textos shakespereanos para ofrecer una película intensa.

16. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film Macbeth

If you consider what he did with the resources at hand this is a masterpiece. Papier mache castles made eerie with very stark light: macabre, avant-garde theatre-ish Shakespeare adaptation.

17. Kian Ross's rating of the film Macbeth

18. joey Noodles's rating of the film Macbeth

I wish I could bump my rating up to four but I can't quite. The photography creates a stunning atmosphere but I never felt that I was in this world, I always felt like an observer. Welles directs fantastically but the performances are really very strange. Flashes of absolute brilliance but never quite works. 3.5/5

19. Marco Pierrard's rating of the film Macbeth

Chronique sur Citazine à l'occasion de la ressortie du film en salles en France en septembre 2014 : http://www.citazine.fr/article/macbeth-sauvagerie-de-welles-restauree-cinema

20. danhofstra's rating of the film Macbeth

Officially my favorite Shakespeare film and probably my favorite Welles performance.

21. Dave's rating of the film Macbeth

It's OK, but Welles did much better work with Shakespeare in the few years after.

22. OSMOND's rating of the film Macbeth

Absorbing B-movie. A nightmare of monsters with cardboard crowns. I never thought that such material could be so threatening.