1. dionysus67's rating of the film Macbeth

Deleuze is right in summarizing the main accomplishment of this Shakespeare transfer onto the screen, claimining that it visualizes pre-history and pre-conscious drives. Ferocious in its intoxication with power it portrays a feverish Macbeth who like a black hole devours an entire Kingdom. The canted camera angles brim with aggression and the edges of the rocky shore enhance this claustrophobically primordial milieu.

2. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Macbeth

You already survived 10th grade, so why revisit Macbeth? Because of Welles. His command of imagery is here, but tragically stage-bound—much of it feels like a pageant, which is the enemy of drama, whereas the montage and location shooting of his Othello send sparks in all directions. But then you have to add Welles' outstanding performance itself, the dark pathos of a wide-eyed man frightened of his own desires.

3. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Macbeth

May be Welles’ most underrated film imo, witness a Shakespearean shot “Ivan The Terrible” style with its lavish sets and dreamy atmosphere. A million times better than the same year’s Hamlet.

4. Nachtreich's rating of the film Macbeth

Ora capisco, signor Carmelo Bene.

5. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Macbeth

6. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Macbeth

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/08/20/macbeth-orson-welles/

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Macbeth

SHAKESPEARE revisité par WELLES : Parfait ! www.cinefiches.com

8. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Macbeth

9. ermete polpette's rating of the film Macbeth

10. Shea Hennum's rating of the film Macbeth

There is some great chiaroscuro in this, but the long takes, static long + mid shots, minimalist set design, and broad expressiveness of the performances make it feel theatrical rather than filmic.

11. alice's rating of the film Macbeth

Negli occhi di Wells ho visto passare molti sentimenti (la paura su tutti).

12. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Macbeth

3.5 stars. Amazing and flawed, particularly by the thick Scottish accents which makes some of the poetry hard to understand. However it is visually and aurally stunning.

13. bmelis's rating of the film Macbeth

14. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Macbeth

15. Chris_Parker's rating of the film Macbeth

Tedious & uninspired. An intolerably dull adaptation of the bard's masterwork.

16. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Macbeth

3.5. The last part is too long, too much exaggerated, I get why, and i usually like theatrical movies, but this time it annoyed me

17. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Macbeth

18. nein's rating of the film Macbeth

I really don't like Orson.

19. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Macbeth

Versión expresionista la de Welles que revitaliza los conflictos internos de un noble caballero. "Macbeth" es la historia de un hombre que transita de la honestidad a la ambición, de la culpa a la perversión, y finalmente cae presa de la locura. El poder visual es el espíritu de esta película sobre mentes que dudan (picados) y mentes que conspiran (contrapicados). Mientas tanto, las luces y la sombras crean dualidad.

20. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Macbeth

A pesar de las limitaciones presupuestarias, Orson Welles se las arregla a punta de talento y los arrebatadores textos shakespereanos para ofrecer una película intensa.

21. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film Macbeth

If you consider what he did with the resources at hand this is a masterpiece. Papier mache castles made eerie with very stark light: macabre, avant-garde theatre-ish Shakespeare adaptation.

22. Kian Ross's rating of the film Macbeth

23. joey Noodles's rating of the film Macbeth

I wish I could bump my rating up to four but I can't quite. The photography creates a stunning atmosphere but I never felt that I was in this world, I always felt like an observer. Welles directs fantastically but the performances are really very strange. Flashes of absolute brilliance but never quite works. 3.5/5

24. Marco Pierrard's rating of the film Macbeth

Chronique sur Citazine à l'occasion de la ressortie du film en salles en France en septembre 2014 : http://www.citazine.fr/article/macbeth-sauvagerie-de-welles-restauree-cinema