1. mjgildea's rating of the film Machete Maidens Unleashed!

Machete Maidens Unleashed was an interesting watch about an obscure and unsung period of film history. Great interviews and subjects but any interest I had in exploring the genre was kind of squashed be the repetitiveness and the interviewees pointing out that these movies are shit, even if they're enjoyable shit. Still, my Netflix queue did get a little bigger after watching it...

2. film_lies101's rating of the film Machete Maidens Unleashed!

3. msmichel's rating of the film Machete Maidens Unleashed!

Entertaining follow up to "Not Quite Hollywood" moving from Australian exploitation to the Phillipine shot exploitation of the seventies and eighties. Not as in depth as hollywood was but still fun to watch with great stories and memories from Roger Corman, Sid Haig, Eddie Romero and many of the unsung machete maidens looking back on their exploitation mostly with a grin and not necessarily regret.

4. João Pacheco's rating of the film Machete Maidens Unleashed!

5. Salem Kapsaski's rating of the film Machete Maidens Unleashed!

Looks badass! Watch the trailer here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdwuxp_machete-maidens-unleashed_shortfilms

6. PETE GCDB's rating of the film Machete Maidens Unleashed!

Gotta see this one! Loved Not Quite Hollywood

7. Junda Mane's rating of the film Machete Maidens Unleashed!

"Never before have you seen material so ripe for masturbation!!" - John Landis

8. Sandy Connell's rating of the film Machete Maidens Unleashed!

The history of the Philippines and its time as America's playground is enlightening but, as with Not Quite Hollywood and the numerous nostalgia docs popularized on British TV, MMU ultimately amounts to a group of talking heads, telling the same cute story to each other. Like listening to an elderly drunkard, this is only entertaining for about 20 minutes, then one starts looking for a polite excuse to tune out.

9. Beefy's rating of the film Machete Maidens Unleashed!

More fun from the Not Quite Hollywood folks, this one a look at Corman's work in the Philippines. Sure, a bit more of the same, but still enjoyable.

10. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Machete Maidens Unleashed!

This is a must-see for all exploitation maniacs. Very enlightening and very entertaining as well! I loved it!

11. Xurxo G Penalta's rating of the film Machete Maidens Unleashed!

fun, educative and inspiring! must watch!!

12. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Machete Maidens Unleashed!

Mark Hartley follows up the excellent 'Not Quite Hollywood' with basically more of the same, but this time set in the Philippines. But that same is still a tremendously entertaining look at cult cinema and those who make it, even if it doesn't quite generate the same kind of offbeat geek energy as 'Not Quite Hollywood'. A must for cult movie fans.

13. Posterocalypse's rating of the film Machete Maidens Unleashed!

I missed this one during Fantastic Fest 2010, and was incredibly excited to see it pop up on Netflix Instant Watch. Very enjoyable, and it's given me more than a few films I need add to my must watch list.