1. Hannah Förster's rating of the film Mad Detective

Endlich mal wieder ein Knaller, geniale Story - großartige Regie und außerorgewöhnliche Schauspielerleistung der Protagonisten....

2. Dr. Q's rating of the film Mad Detective

I rember this to be quite entertaining

3. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Mad Detective

4. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Mad Detective

Yet another indifferent crime story from Hong Kong. I'm sure I'll forget this movie in couple of days.

5. Pius Strassmann's rating of the film Mad Detective

ich habe diesen film nicht verstanden, fand ihn aber sehr poetisch und voller filmisch herausragend gut gelöster ideen.

6. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Mad Detective

Found the mix between supernatural and action a bit "out there", i mean a mentally ill detective is not someone you want on case. Again Johnnie To and his Milkway Image company comes up with another original character.

7. el.'s rating of the film Mad Detective

the way this film developed and ended made me appreciate it much more than at first expected. the game of personas belonging to the wonderfully complex jungian theory of the psyche makes it a very interesting and quite provocative presentation of adjusting the masks and playing the right part when needed. i am very pleased to see that being used in such a way making this more than just a good cop-bad cop thing.

8. msmichel's rating of the film Mad Detective

One of To/Wai Ka-fai 's best works is this deftly plotted '07 work that mixed supernatural ability with the tired investigative genre. Ching Wan Lau was stellar in the lead role as a once great detective brought down by his 'gift' who may or may not be totally mad. Script by Wai Ka Fai and Au Kin Yee works even better on second viewing when one isn't struggling to keep up with the turns. Worth rediscovering.

9. Javier's rating of the film Mad Detective

10. IndieAdam's rating of the film Mad Detective

Despite stretching itself too thin thematically and losing the momentum established by a diverse albeit unfulfilled performance by Lau, the film boasts a charismatic lead duo, clean, energetic and vibrant cinematography, and a consistent physiological pressure. ‘Mad Detective’ may get lost in the forest of ambition but it still manages to claw its way to a scenic escape.

11. Richard Doyle's rating of the film Mad Detective

A fiercely inventive cop flick from HK action master Johnnie To. The titular cop is a bundle of crazy abilities. He's was kicked off the force years ago for cutting off his ear in homage to his retiring boss. A young cop who worked with him briefly (and hero worships him) brings him back to help with the case of a cop who's gone missing, but whose gun has been involved in a series of crimes.

12. Tigrão's rating of the film Mad Detective

I thoroughly enjoyed to get mindfucked so playfully.

13. mocasia's rating of the film Mad Detective

A really interesting take on the age-old story of the cop who has fallen from grace and is back in the game for the last time. Very stylistic interpretation of mental illness. Also, very hilarious.

14. Ilnur's rating of the film Mad Detective

15. Sheldon Wiebe's rating of the film Mad Detective

Mad Dectective is one of the best 'out there' mysteries I've seen in months, I plan to screen it again just to bask in its odd gloriies.

16. Andrew Infante's rating of the film Mad Detective

In which Johnnie To shows Orson Welles what's up.

17. Ciprian David's rating of the film Mad Detective

very thrilling and boldly demonstrating how simple and yet tricky film grammar is. Felt lost a few times, only to understand afterwards, that the signs were there, but I preferred to speculate. Which makes the film even more pure in its language.

18. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Mad Detective

I liked a lot To's way to switch points of view during the film. It never gave me the feeling that it was just an inept trick used by the filmmaker to make an impression on the audience. Highly recommended.

19. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film Mad Detective

The story has more twists and turns than a house of mirrors, and it does get out of control, but this one is a lot of fun. Detective Bun is one of the most refreshingly original characters I've seen on screen in a while. There are so many great moments, great acting, stylish cinematography and humorous morsels that it's hard not to love this one.

20. Gondo's rating of the film Mad Detective

Mad Detective or: how everything is just a matter of perspective.

21. Moamen's rating of the film Mad Detective

though I hate this kind of complicated crime films but this film was stylish and artistically beautiful with beautiful cinematography , good screenplay and great acting from Ching Wan Lau .

22. Zachary Curl's rating of the film Mad Detective

not my favorite Johnnie To film. i thought the story was told kind of poorly at times and it was needlessly convoluted at times, and i had a hard time seeing where the characters motives were coming from. funish to watch, but just not quite as clean as his previous works, if you ask me.

23. flobota's rating of the film Mad Detective

it had everything a modern police thriller should have.

24. Erik Gregersen's rating of the film Mad Detective

To's best since Where a Good Man Goes. The conceit of "inner personalities" is bold and well done. It was also good to see the great Lau Ching-Wan again.