1. John Woodall's rating of the film Mad Ladders

To me this felt fairly directionless and self indulgent. Some really great flashy visuals and music, but nothing else really holding it up. The narrator's story wasn't strong enough of an idea to support or even supplement the film.

2. Landen Celano's rating of the film Mad Ladders

Wow. Avant-Garde isn't usually my thing, but something about this really captured me. The music in particular plays off the surreal retro-video style images so well. And that narration...

3. caitlin.f's rating of the film Mad Ladders

4. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Mad Ladders

5. kkchapin's rating of the film Mad Ladders

I loved the contrast of the clouds with the distorted/hypnotic music and MTV. The narrative was captivating and truly an interesting journey.

6. Shawn Spitler's rating of the film Mad Ladders

7. muse_x's rating of the film Mad Ladders

Saw Jesus's face on one of the cloud formations. Chip tunes beat trumpets, hell yeah

8. runfromfire's rating of the film Mad Ladders

I'm okay with the idea of VAPORWAVE bleeding over into cinema.

9. David R Williams's rating of the film Mad Ladders

Low level digital fx with a Mario Brothers-esque soundtrack. If this was suppose to be retro then I guess it manages to be that but why I would care is beyond me.

10. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film Mad Ladders

11. Neil troost's rating of the film Mad Ladders

great film. changed my life. all it needed was some gratuitous 'artistic' nudity.

12. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Mad Ladders

Though the theme of the film is not difficult to decipher, the exact meaning and drive behind the creation of the film is unclear. I did not find the narration to add to the film and came off as disingenuous. Mad Ladders is not the technicolor dream that it set out to me. It has the parts there, but the director did not get all of the pieces together to be quite right.

13. Quattro's rating of the film Mad Ladders

At first the clouds and woman-talking-nonsense combination was letting me down, but then – WOOO I loved this fucked-up trip. Visuals are great, sounds are great – and the editing is even better. So rhythmic and smooth, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. I think I'm gonna rewatch this a few times before it expires.

14. josh scam's rating of the film Mad Ladders

15. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Mad Ladders

Well that was undoubtedly made by a gay man.

16. Robert Lamvik's rating of the film Mad Ladders

17. Philip Kolbo's rating of the film Mad Ladders

Loved the film. Great content and commentary.

18. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Mad Ladders

Wish it had gone for sheer euphoria, but an impressive, beautiful quest for transcendence.

19. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Mad Ladders

Wow. I knew if I kept watching these crappy experimental films that I would eventually find one that I liked. I did. It was this one. Filled with arresting visuals, this actually has a voiceover audio clip that plays and gives the piece an actual narrative. Such a welcome relief. Well done. Now THIS was worth the time. FINALLY!!!

20. azemal's rating of the film Mad Ladders

I still cannot say how I feel toward this work but I think that the voice of the narrator made me hesitate.

21. Madeline Mckinzie's rating of the film Mad Ladders

The narrative of this film was very interesting was actually something that kept my attention throughout. The cinematography and the visuals of this film were off and on. Some places they made perfect sense, others, in my opinion, were a bit misplaced. The audio for the film was also a very good match and did well with setting a Sci-Fi/creepy tone. This an interesting short film to say the least.

22. EdieEmm's rating of the film Mad Ladders

MTV and the Rapture and American myth-making. All to a chiptuned version of Tori Amos' Crucify. Interesting because of how weirdly familiar this intersection of narratives feels; we really were steeped in some strange cultural shit...

23. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film Mad Ladders

That's 9 minutes of my life that just gave me something back. I'm going for the GoPro version this time.

24. bartkl's rating of the film Mad Ladders

Stunning visuals and nice music. This is experimental in a way that beats pretence and is actually nice.