1. Daniel Garcia's rating of the film Madeinusa

El pueblo al que nadie puede entrar, por qué ya están, el reloj solar

2. Freude's rating of the film Madeinusa

3. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Madeinusa

There are a lot of poor reviews of this film, and most are undeserved. There are plenty of really intense/great scenes to make this worth the watch.

4. Timbo of Boston's rating of the film Madeinusa

Steeped in an isolated Peruvian village that may or may not exist, the film feels more mythological than actual. The claustrophobia, grinding poverty, superstition, relentless diagetic music, and often surreal imagery with a descent into madness is a wicked brew. It's patient and sneaky. Story details are opaque, often rendered off screen. Who are these actors!? Shades of Bunuel. Unique, difficult, marvelous.

5. David R Williams's rating of the film Madeinusa

Really about 3.5. I remember reading an article on Catherine Breillat's "Fat Girl" and the writer stated that "Fat Girl" was not a horror film but a film about the horrible - the horrors of the human rather than the horrors of a masked psycho or a monster. This film is also about the horrible, about how we create our own Hells within which to commit the horrible deeds we are somehow driven to commit. Troubling.

6. muse_x's rating of the film Madeinusa

Such a wonderful lead character. I also appreciated the quasi-ethnographic approach to film making.

7. Kristian McKay's rating of the film Madeinusa

Milk and the sorrow I enjoyed more. I enjoyed the storyline representing the "Night of St. John" premise. More ethnographic films need to be made absolutely.

8. mpho3's rating of the film Madeinusa

I try to balance my ratings between craftsmanship and my level of enjoyment/involvement, but here I am so deeply unsatisfied with Llosa's nightmarish reverie that the filmmaking is of little consequence. I can't put my finger on it, but I am really bothered by what I have seen.

9. Armando's rating of the film Madeinusa

A sacrilegious film that fails to exploit its potential. The idea of a "tiempo santo," a time in which God does not see us because He is temporarily dead and thus sin does not exist, is original and disturbing. The plot, however, is far too weak. But it is thought-provoking and worth seeing. This is the kind of movie I expect to find on MUBI.

10. El Biffo's rating of the film Madeinusa

11. 2multo's rating of the film Madeinusa

Not a bad film as Mubi says. Cinephiles get on board. The raft has floated on.

12. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Madeinusa

I got to the point where they were talking excitedly about incest, and I realized that I no longer needed to see the film. Please don't tell me it's a cultural thing.

13. Peter Guy's rating of the film Madeinusa

Loved this film. The imagery was wonderful and the fresh take on this type of story (tradition vs. modernity) I found engaging especially with the exposure to this unique culture. Well acted too!

14. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Madeinusa

The story isn't anything new but it's given life by the fascinating culture that's on display. It was also pure eye candy as the lighting in some scenes was quite exquisite. And then came the ending. As if this film wasn't already very similar to the Wicker Man, they tack on a pointless ending that's meant to drive home a point that was already well established. To say the least, it ended with quite a sour note.

15. K A t's rating of the film Madeinusa

An eerie look on how the various forms of lust in each character led them to depravity and perdition. The festival scenes are gorgeous

16. .:BuNNii:.'s rating of the film Madeinusa

A twisted ending to a movie about a very remote and dysfunctional town and the happenings during this sinless week, the most shocking of course that the mayor of the town, Madeinusa's dad, is having sex with her.

17. Mari Santa Cruz's rating of the film Madeinusa

fetishizing + eurocentric gaze.

18. Yasmyn's rating of the film Madeinusa

woah. Loved the scene where there's a parade through the town, the costumes are so well done. Quirky, strange, interesting concept. Reminded me of The Wicker Man. Same sort of premise. I liked the quirkiness of this ^.^

19. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Madeinusa

20. Matt Richards's rating of the film Madeinusa

Claudia's film prior to the wonderful 'Milk of Sorrow'. More magic-realism meets twisted folklore and ritual absurdity. Some familiar faces with the main star from both films again, the wonderful Magaly Solier doing what she does best; timid, naive fear. This one whilst visually rich fell down in the second last act but then redeemed itself with a nice twist. 3 stars

21. Ally the Manic Listmaker's rating of the film Madeinusa

Really good debut feature from Claudia Llosa. She only improved with The Milk of Sorrow.