1. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

I loved the shocking, barbaric, almost visual sound when they hammered the nails in. Still trying to make sense of the piano music at the end, though. Beyond that it feels unfair to say more wihout seeing it projected and huge. Thank you, Mubi! This kind of stuff is why I am here.

2. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

(2.5 stars) This is really more of a theatre performance than a movie. It is like a painting come to life. Many panels that seem like separate paintings that eventually become scenes, and then parts of a whole narrative. It actually quite beautiful and highly creative. I do question its viability as a film, but the theatricality of this concept is very cool.

3. Katherine Lo's rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

Very simple and absolutely beautiful painting-like set design, stunning colours, great way to interpret a story known to so many

4. captainfez's rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

When you want to watch something where the execution of perspective on the flats is the real star.

5. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

Although I am unfamiliar with the artwork that inspired this unusual and beautiful piece of film, I can say that the various tableaux on display certainly make a treat for the eyes. Those with knowledge of the art and/or biblical source material will probably get a lot more out of this.Without subtitles or any real focus (despite being mainly about the crucifixion), it is difficult to love, but easy enough to admire.

6. lou.'s rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

Je ne sais pas quoi dire. J'ai trové ce film franchement génial et super bien realisé. Duccio est un véritable Maître de la peinture, et Guérif a sans doute compris en profondeur la magnificence de ce chef-d'œuvre du XIVe siennoise. Il faut dire que le sonore s'inscrit à point dans la représentation des tableaux vivants. Incroyable jeux de prospectives, superbes le scénario et les effets spéciaux: à voir encore.

7. Graceful Photon's rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

A curious depiction of the passion definitely not intended for laptop screens. Watching on such a screen a good amount of the detail and impact were probably lost, but there is no doubt that the concept of multiple panels forming massive tableaux is interesting, especially given the topic and its history of representation.

8. Shane Schenck's rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

A very interesting telling of the easter story. It reminded me of Monty Python's art style. However after a while it got very dull and uninteresting.

9. mt.fuji's rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

The first 21st century depiction of Christianity I think I've seen. Great example of digital filmmaking. Belongs in a minimalist cloister of cybermonks.

10. Tomomune's rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

This movie has no actor's line in "moving picture book" form. The impression of this movie will differ depending on whether you see it on the big screen of a movie theater or whether you are a Christian or not. In other words, it's the movie that chooses viewers and places. This movie is definitely not chosen by Netflix, it is a cult movie unique to MUBI.

11. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

"If you should ask me what are the ways of God, I would tell you that the first is humility, the second is humility, and the third is still humility. Not that there are no other precepts to give, but if humility does not precede all that we do, our efforts are fruitless."

12. keithinhull@gmail.com's rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

I would like to see this at the cinema to really judge but seems a remarkable film quite unique

13. Boccasue's rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

would be 5 stars on a BIG screen

14. McOpinionated's rating of the film Maestà, the Passion of the Christ

Good grief. An extra star than it deserves for sheer brassneck.