1. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

A much better match between the bent of the filmmaker and subject, and the filmmaker's tiresome reiteration of the subjective nature of vision and film. The bridges are to nature and space what the film and camera are posited to be to us. I do not feel it is sucessfully embodied, but the mismatch had a kind of poetic resonance somehow.

2. David R Williams's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

I have to agree with easypz A far better cinematographer what is needed here. Images are largely flat And uninspiring. The flooded catacombs with the echoing sound of water drops promised much but failed to deliver. Too bad.

3. Seesaw's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

Each shot combine with minimal appearance of time is a brick that builds up to the distinctive piece of sculpture.

4. Kelsey Ramirez's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

A 24 minute long film with no sounds. I don't recommend watching this. I do appreciate the structures but I wish there would've been a little background on them rather then just panels of shots. I found myself falling asleep, tempted to skip through, dreaming off. Always will appreciate the process of going to the different locations, I needed more going on personally. Looking at bridges for 24 minutes is a no for me

5. lou.'s rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

Oh no, not this again! I just can't understand those quasi-dramatic camera angles. At very least, the sound of Nature is peaceful...

6. Richard Bolisay's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

Wishing I could see these Maillart pieces in person, but these images, for now, will do.

7. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

"Hey,I'm not gonna watch 20 minutes of shots of bridges with ambient noise" -I thought, closing the video. Then I watched 20 minutes of shots of bridges with ambient noise. Actually fascinating. The quiet made me start thinking things like "Isn't it crazy how bridges work?" but also things like "Isn't it crazy how montages of shots work with like, your eyes?" so that's late-night Avant-Garde doc film for me I guess.

8. mrpommer's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

Emigholz seems to think that canting the camera is meaningful. Here’s a hint: it isn’t. While it is important to document our infrastructure no matter what, these beautiful structures deserve a less self-indulgent take. Silly.

9. ANTOINE DEFONTAINE's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

Le film nous laisse le temps pour la réflexion. Ces plans de la contemplation ne cherchent pas le beau ni le réel mais plus une sorte d'invisible. Et l'invisible c'est la trace de l'architecte. L'autobiographie n'est pas une parole mais plus un passage; c'est dire qu'un homme a été à un endroit, à un moment donné. Et donner, c'est ce qu'il a fait: donner au monde.

10. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

11. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

This short show off a lot of bridges for those interested in architecture and the history of it, but halfway through I started to nod off, but this one could work perfectly as an airline pause segment to waste off some time while in midair as you dream of landing down on Earth again to behold bridge on land again.

12. Richard Tines's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

this short especially epiphanized (word?) me as to the wonders of the craftmanship we take for granted daily (as evidenced by the generic sexual and racist graffiti planted on some of the bridges)...it was also cool to see how the architect was able to situate subtly his works alongside their surroundings....all i can say is, it makes me want to take a walk and LOOK, and that's a compliment....

13. schmalhans's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

It's interesting to see how Emigholz links his own story as a travelling chronicler with the tension of geographic surroundings and the architect's style. Sometimes, though, it seems a little hasty in the imagery, not as serene as other works by him.

14. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

More aesthetically pleasing, for me, and almost pleasurably calming, this architecture-focused documentary from Heinz Emigholz looks at a number of structures designed by Robert Maillart (as you might have guessed from the title).

15. Elise's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

This film was extremely unique in its visual and audio display throughout the short twenty minutes or so. The camera is always at an angle in each shot and the audio contains only background noise. The entire film is divided into sections based on the location and is made of a series of short shots taken in each location. First the location is identified and then a handful of shots will play until the next section.

16. Superfrog's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

slightly better than looking at banks, same principle and a hard watch.

17. ApexCactus's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

What a gem! I'm gonna be very simple with my review of this: What a beautiful thing to see! Just that, lay back, relax and enjoy the striking photography, let the sounds sink in, and drown yourself into this man`s camera.

18. MichaelEYeaman's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

Camera angles are everything here

19. jasmin's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

Who is meant to watch this ?

20. Dylan R.'s rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

At first I thought it was the filmmaker’s way of saying, “This is what I choose to look at and this is how I see it.” Then there were the inconsistent camera tilts reminding me that the human eye just doesn’t work that way. Too vague or intellectually “snobbish” for me to determine a connection or any concrete meaning.

21. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

22. fearraigh's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

Another interesting architectural meditation from Emigholz. The only gripe is there aren't enough of Maillart's bridges in it. Interesting viewing though.

23. Juan Javier's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

Solo el sonido del agua hace este film menos autista que el de los bancos.

24. ejonline's rating of the film Maillart's Bridges

I tried to watch this a few days after not finishing Sullivan's Banks. I couldn't finish this one, either, but now I know what left me cold. Mubi suggests this is "Architecture as Autobiography," and now I understand that framing to refer to the filmmaker rather than the architects. It is like watching his home movies of the objects he obsesses over. All I hear is "Look at that!" but I don't see what he sees.