1. teresa romã's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

I really like Shelley's voice.

2. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

If you are a hardcore Shining fan, Kubrick fan or just a general fan of movie making then this documentary is totally worth checking out. I enjoyed it, but it was a bit to short for my personal taste. It was really cool to see Kubrick interacting with Nicholson, Lloyd and Duvall behind the scenes. I just wish that the film was longer and maybe a bit more of an in depth look at how this classic film was made.

3. smndvdcl's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

Can Kubrick's slavedriving ethos be justified? His genius is not in question and often we separate the art from the artist. Like Hitchcock, Kubrick's attitude to actors and crew was a means to an end. Every collaborator an opponent like in a chess game. The treatment of Shelley Duvall may have created great art, but is an oppressive approach the only way to make a masterpiece? Does praise induce mediocrity?

4. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

Im in love with Duvall's face ^^

5. yuriwalker's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

Yang sabar yha mb Shelley, Kubrick mah gitu orangnya.

6. Alex Gonçalves's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

7. Giulia Galbarini's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

“Why don't you get some shots of me when I'm great-looking?”

8. Steve's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

9. ramosbarajas's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

It's a very interesting making-of. It's probably one of the best I've seen. It does what a documentary is supposed to do; it gives interviews with actors, shows the sets, and even the general mood on set.

10. britney spears's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

so easy to scarf this one down

11. localdjango's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

I could watch 6 hours of Kubrick yelling at Shelley Duvall.

12. DADA WEATHERMAN's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

Even when it comes to brushing teeth, Jack Nicholson is one of a kind.

13. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

Excellent, excellent, excellent. Watching Kubrick on film is so goddamn interesting.

14. Slowart's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

enjoyable especially duvall's phantom pains and the vicious son from barry lyndon running behind the camera

15. Gretchen's rating of the film Making 'The Shining'

I was lucky enough to discover this on an old VHS of "The Shining". It is truly one of the finest "making of" documentaries around, just in its simplicity and rawness.

16. Marc G.'s rating of the film Making 'The Shining'