1. anarresti's rating of the film Mala Noche

2. hyacinthtears's rating of the film Mala Noche

van sant should do more of this gay landscapey stuff,

3. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Mala Noche

Would be a good double feature with “Stranger Than Paradise.” Both have that slightly woozy, street dirty feel, as well as that feeling of people, of friendship and hanging around. This one is more personal though, more poignant. I feel I connect on some basic level with Van Sant. I felt the same thing with “My Own Private Idaho” that I felt with this, that odd sensation of home, or being away from it.

4. Patrick John's rating of the film Mala Noche

The movie is v inspiring for young filmmakers. Imagine Gus Van Sant in the 80s w/o that much technology but has that much creativity. This is my third Gus Van Sant and now I see it.

5. SpacePirate's rating of the film Mala Noche

Decent, but not sure I'd watch again

6. EvelynNoche's rating of the film Mala Noche

Homosexuality as art influenced by Andy Warhol black and white movies with little plot and lots of imagery of the gay man form.

7. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film Mala Noche

This beautifully raw and low-budget debut film leaves little to distract you from the intimate dance between its two leads, and makes you realize what a natural talent Gus Van Sant has for creating such instantly likable personalities out of first time actors.

8. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Mala Noche

Mala Noche is a beautifully photographed, evocative tribute to guys just barely getting by in the gay and gritty Portland neighborhoods of the mid 80s. It's interesting how Gus Van Sant returns from time to time to movies set in dark corners of Portland for interesting little slice of life movies. He does it well and it's a valuable contribution to cinema.

9. claudiaaraujo's rating of the film Mala Noche

15/03 I can see how this was fuel to My Own Private Idaho. Good cinematography. I was expecting more but still watchable.

10. yasdnil's rating of the film Mala Noche

Intriguing start, but really failed to hold my attention in the last 20 minutes or so. Tim Streeter is a babe, though. Pity he hasn't done anything huge since.

11. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Mala Noche

A film about a guy lusting after another guy; he just blatantly wants to have sex with him. I can relate to this sort of thing. I'm glad Van Sant made a film about this kind of behaviour. It's not great, but I'm glad I finally saw it, and I did enjoy it.

12. lupiter's rating of the film Mala Noche

too boring i couldn't finish it

13. ara's rating of the film Mala Noche

i loved the narrative. the way he speaks is naturally poetic. i dig that.

14. raggiodisole's rating of the film Mala Noche

Very 90's. It had Beat moments, but it was mostly a film about longing and desire. Very cool.

15. Sthirabandhu's rating of the film Mala Noche

16. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Mala Noche

Admirable el trabajo de edición de Gus Van Sant. Una trama simple pero que tiene ese espíritu de Cassavetes (historias de vagabundos en busca de algo que no saben, además de la estética de blanco y negro).

17. DominicB's rating of the film Mala Noche

They tell me it was before it's time. That was then. It's a little dated now. But with this said, it's still an intriguing watch.

18. El Biffo's rating of the film Mala Noche

Haunting and lonesome, Gus Van Zant's debut feature remains one of his best, in glorious black and white.

19. VomVimVeedle's rating of the film Mala Noche

20. Tigrão's rating of the film Mala Noche

It's a bit boring, I can't help.

21. David Ehrenstein's rating of the film Mala Noche

This is where I discovered Gus. The critics award I got him encouraged on-the-fence finance to back "Drugstore Cowboy" and the rest is history. Tim Streeter's perfomance is superb, and he has made several very great films since.

22. SALESK's rating of the film Mala Noche

the voice over is like gay 'clerks'

23. Frankly, Mr. Shankly's rating of the film Mala Noche

High contrasted black & white, impossibility of love and sex, despair, beautiful mexican chicos, marginal characters, night trains, cheap hotels, neon lights, street walking, spanish music: Kerouac meets Louis Malle in a walk on the wild side. Not Van Sant's best but wonderfully full of heart and soul. An incontestable treasure of queer cinema. Tim Streeter, where have you been?

24. mpho3's rating of the film Mala Noche

I LOVED Drugstore Cowboy, but I'm perplexed by the mystique surrounding Private Idaho, To Die For, Good Will Hunting and now Mala Noche. I did like Mala better than the others. Will I watch more Van Sant? Probably. Milk was very good and Elephant and Paranoid Park sound good, but I'm prepared for disappointment. Not sure why I keep coming back. Mala Noche kudos: Tim Streeter, B&W cinematography, the soundtrack.