1. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Malcolm X

X starts very spike-leeishly (the young gangster part), then turns into your average Hollywood biopic rushing through the life of the protagonist (unfortunately this part covers most of Malcolm X’s public life), but has a strong ending (the moments leading to assassination). As a movie it’s not the masterpiece that I’d hope for, nevertheless it’s an engaging movie about a man who deserves to be remembered.

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Malcolm X

Probably one of the best biographical films ever made. Objective and removed in some respects, but also — up until the horrific assassination scene — very much a Spike Lee film.

3. Ethan's rating of the film Malcolm X

This is a true American classic. Denzel Washington gives the performance of his career as this larger than life man who was a true hero to his people. This is an important film that should be required viewing in all history classes. Spike Lee crafts a brilliant epic that is up there with the greats and could possibly be his best film.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Malcolm X

Mise en scène irréprochable comme à l'accoutumée chez Spike Lee. Malheureusement, le scénario se contente de faire l'apologie de Malcolm X sans jamais lancer le moindre regard critique sur le personnage... www.cinefiches.com

5. De La Ghetto's rating of the film Malcolm X

Denzel Washington IS Malcolm X.

6. DenoResandono's rating of the film Malcolm X

This is the first time I watched a movie from director Spike Lee. In its 202 minutes runtime, Spike Lee succeed to give a wonderful presentation about the life of MALCOLM X. Well, there are some parts which I felt too overlong. Somehow, it still feels intriguing. MALCOLM X is an engaging, solid, and entertaining biographical movie. Not to mention Denzel Washington's excellent performance. MALCOLM X is worth watching!

7. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Malcolm X

Spike Lee can be a bit of a mixed bag, but with his Malcolm X biopic I believe he did the right thing. The best thing about this is that Lee never let the biopic and its message get in the way of his artistic freedom.

8. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Malcolm X

9. Nathan Silva's rating of the film Malcolm X

Well directed, Denzel totally killed it, but the movie is preachy as fuck. Well, guess i should've been expecting this from Spike Lee and his usual white guilt bullshit propaganda.

10. Blue Roses's rating of the film Malcolm X

11. bryanvmh's rating of the film Malcolm X

Despite its running time, it still feels almost rushed, it could have kept on going and I would have been happy to watch.

12. nyyssonen's rating of the film Malcolm X

I can't remember the last time I watched a biopic this good.

13. JCPJD's rating of the film Malcolm X

For some reason I decided to watch this the day Donald Trump was elected. I was right to. It reminds me of not only the power of the individual to go through a rough passage towards peace, but of cinema's ability to apply meaning to life's events. As a film, it is more surreal and energetic than I remembered it. Spike Lee is fearless in some of the transitions and markings; and Denzel Washington earns his reputation.

14. mubianer's rating of the film Malcolm X

Entertaining biopic, well acted, "A Change is Gonna Come" made my hair stand up.

15. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Malcolm X

16. T.J. Royal's rating of the film Malcolm X

I could've sat through another hour.

17. Silvoieski's rating of the film Malcolm X

A good biographical film, managing to expose all the important points of the Malcom's short life (but of great interest). Spike Lee manages to put the audience to reflect and to be confronted with the various moral paradoxes present in the troubled US 60s.

18. TomMackAplin's rating of the film Malcolm X

Quite long. (Says the white man)

19. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Malcolm X

Necessary! Superb on all fronts.

20. Vincent Balcer's rating of the film Malcolm X

Classique, hagiographique mais néanmoins très bon film.

21. Lysa Heurtier's rating of the film Malcolm X

22. ikkini's rating of the film Malcolm X

Spike Lee semble se perdre dans son sujet, on ne passe pas un mauvais moment, mais on se demande parfois si la figure de Malcolm X ne dépasse pas le réalisateur.

23. Seejayer's rating of the film Malcolm X

Un biopic plus qu’intéressant. Long certes mais aussi nécessaire.

24. caro's rating of the film Malcolm X

I think one of Denzel Whashington's best roles, with Spike Lee they both show perfectly the evolution of this major character of the American history. Honestly, it's a shame we don't see biopics like this anymore !