1. msmichel's rating of the film Mamma Roma

Pasolini's second film is one of the great films about motherhood in all its sacrifices and unquestioning love. Anna Magnani gives one of the screen's great performances with this sometimes brutal portrayal of the mother/whore.

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Mamma Roma

3. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Mamma Roma

One of my favourite cinematic performances by Magnani. Intensely tragic, funny but above all else - ROMAN! Daje.

4. emanuela's rating of the film Mamma Roma

“Mi madre? A me che me frega de mi madre? In fondo credo di volerglie bene, perché se morisse mi metterei a piagne” Pure poetry for the eyes, thanks Pasolini

5. EdieEmm's rating of the film Mamma Roma

Our Lady of the Subproletariat, and her son Our Pouty Pretty-Boy Saviour. Empathetic, almost reverent, neo-realism. Interspersed with heady, self-aware, New Wave-like interjections. Then exalted by Vivaldi's baroque, mirroring the film - alternately weighty and lofty. All shot through with Magnani's overpowering presence and energy... As much of a beautiful, discordant mess as Pasolini's Rome.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Mamma Roma

Une oeuvre profondément désenchantée, entre noirceur existentielle et voies sans issue, ne laissant aucun espace aux protagonistes coincés entre déterminisme et fatalisme... www.cinefiches.com

7. ermete polpette's rating of the film Mamma Roma

8. B o g d a n's rating of the film Mamma Roma

9. postblueink's rating of the film Mamma Roma

7.5/10 (29. 08. 2016). Mamma Roma.

10. Magda Magdy's rating of the film Mamma Roma

My first introduction to Pasolini as a director. Mamma Roma is sensational, yet I drifted into sleep halfway through the movie.

11. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film Mamma Roma

Pasolini’s great celebration of Italian cinema’s Neorealist legacy. Magnani, as always, is like an earthquake in human form, reverberating with erotic energy and a pulsing bruising humanity, that works with and challenges the director's vision. Its final moments, where the film seems to transmute itself into a piece of sacrilegious Christian art, are some of the best in this Italian master’s filmography.

12. greers's rating of the film Mamma Roma

3,5. anna magnani really is the only good thing about this, i enjoyed it but the son was insufferable and i couldn't care less about him tbh :/

13. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Mamma Roma

14. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Mamma Roma

15. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film Mamma Roma

The first I've seen of Pasolini's early works; it's good, but it drags on a bit in stretches (like when Mama Roma is out at night with her friends from her prostitute days), and I felt the the ending was a bit contrived and clashed with the realistic tone of the rest of the movie. Anna Magnani is great as the titular heroine, and her relationship with her estranged son Ettore has some endearing moments.

16. Joel's rating of the film Mamma Roma

I still struggle with Paosolini thought at it's core this film has much I really appreciated I still seem to find the talk around his films and his ideas sometimes more compelling then his films. I will continue to dig into his work.

17. Francesca Di Donna's rating of the film Mamma Roma

This is a 5-five-star film. Nothing more, nothing less.

18. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Mamma Roma

Ma que bella tragedia!!! (loved the fly cameo on the beginning credits... hinting at the existential stench to be presented)

19. Muraki's rating of the film Mamma Roma

Pasolini's best. great acting by Magnini

20. starless's rating of the film Mamma Roma

21. Dalibor's rating of the film Mamma Roma

A (very) late neorealist piece that doesn't fall short to any of the originals.

22. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Mamma Roma

23. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Mamma Roma

"Mamma Roma" parece ser una drama más sobre el neorrealismo italiano. Anna Magnani, sin embargo, le ofrece una gran cuota a este filme. Su personalidad recuerda a Cabiria, esa mujer también de la calle, de actitud jubilosa y estridente, pero de una melancolía tatuada y una tragedia que parece perseguirla. Magnani es además la madre abnegada. Pleno sacrificio hacia su hijo. Su final conmueve a plenitud.

24. Otavio Magnani's rating of the film Mamma Roma

This is Pasolini at his finest - an artist of genius, who could paint the joys and the tragedies of the common people better than anyone else. This movie is just heart-breaking in every sense, and Anna Magnani's performance is extremely powerful.