1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Mamma Roma

2. ghinnet's rating of the film Mamma Roma

Very deeply touching, beautifully executed drama. Pasolini sensibly investigates the relationship between Italian working (and also not working) classes, the struggle of being a single mother in postwar Italy, and all those cityscapes that somehow are supposed to bridge past and future. In some moments it almost seems like the city itself – Rome – is the culprit for the characters' failure.

3. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Mamma Roma

A middle-aged prostitute doing her best to set her teenage bum straight but all attempts prove futile. Pasolini’s perfect follow up to Acattone, with similar settings and themes but ups it with Magnani’s electrifying screen-charisma. A powerful, glorious, soulful film that is inherently devastating but the hopefulness of Mamma Roma brings a beaming light to the screen. 60s Italian cinema was simply irresistible.

4. msmichel's rating of the film Mamma Roma

Pasolini's second film is one of the great films about motherhood in all its sacrifices and unquestioning love. Anna Magnani gives one of the screen's great performances with this sometimes brutal portrayal of the mother/whore.

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Mamma Roma

6. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Mamma Roma

One of my favourite cinematic performances by Magnani. Intensely tragic, funny but above all else - ROMAN! Daje.

7. emanuela's rating of the film Mamma Roma

“Mi madre? A me che me frega de mi madre? In fondo credo di volerglie bene, perché se morisse mi metterei a piagne” Pure poetry for the eyes, thanks Pasolini

8. EdieEmm's rating of the film Mamma Roma

Our Lady of the Subproletariat, and her son, Our Pouty Pretty-Boy Saviour. Empathetic, almost reverent, neo-realism. Interspersed with heady, self-aware, New Wave-like interjections, then exalted by Vivaldi's baroque - mirroring the film - alternately weighty and lofty. All shot through with Magnani's overpowering presence and energy... As much of a beautiful, discordant mess as Pasolini's Rome.

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Mamma Roma

Une oeuvre profondément désenchantée, entre noirceur existentielle et voies sans issue, ne laissant aucun espace aux protagonistes coincés entre déterminisme et fatalisme... www.cinefiches.com

10. ermete polpette's rating of the film Mamma Roma

11. B o g d a n's rating of the film Mamma Roma

12. postblueink's rating of the film Mamma Roma

7.5/10 (29. 08. 2016). Mamma Roma.

13. Magda Magdy's rating of the film Mamma Roma

My first introduction to Pasolini as a director. Mamma Roma is sensational, yet I drifted into sleep halfway through the movie.

14. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film Mamma Roma

Pasolini’s great celebration of Italian cinema’s Neorealist legacy. Magnani, as always, is like an earthquake in human form, reverberating with erotic energy and a pulsing bruising humanity, that works with and challenges the director's vision. Its final moments, where the film seems to transmute itself into a piece of sacrilegious Christian art, are some of the best in this Italian master’s filmography.

15. greers's rating of the film Mamma Roma

3,5. anna magnani really is the only good thing about this, i enjoyed it but the son was insufferable and i couldn't care less about him tbh :/

16. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Mamma Roma

17. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Mamma Roma

18. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film Mamma Roma

The first I've seen of Pasolini's early works; it's good, but it drags on a bit in stretches (like when Mama Roma is out at night with her friends from her prostitute days), and I felt the the ending was a bit contrived and clashed with the realistic tone of the rest of the movie. Anna Magnani is great as the titular heroine, and her relationship with her estranged son Ettore has some endearing moments.

19. Joel's rating of the film Mamma Roma

I still struggle with Paosolini thought at it's core this film has much I really appreciated I still seem to find the talk around his films and his ideas sometimes more compelling then his films. I will continue to dig into his work.

20. Francesca Di Donna's rating of the film Mamma Roma

This is a 5-five-star film. Nothing more, nothing less.

21. Erik F.'s rating of the film Mamma Roma

22. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Mamma Roma

Ma que bella tragedia!!! (loved the fly cameo on the beginning credits... hinting at the existential stench to be presented)

23. Muraki's rating of the film Mamma Roma

Pasolini's best. great acting by Magnini

24. femme qui dort's rating of the film Mamma Roma